PDA

View Full Version : Camair Co.

Not Bankrupt Yet
8th Jul 2009, 11:05
Their B767-300 arrived in Shannon couple of weeks ago for C check - there until early August. Looks like they are getting ready to commence ops... or maybe just getting Biya's personal taxi serviced... anyone have the low down ?

alpha-b
8th Jul 2009, 12:03
Well,Ops were supposed to start on the 1st of sept rumours had it but it seems unlikely,earliest could be begining of 2010,there are lot of things to put in place first.The plane will be doing the Haj for Pilgrims and then will start its normal ops when Camairco is up and running.I hope that helps

Not Bankrupt Yet
8th Jul 2009, 16:44
Alpha, thanks for that - I guess having paid $60m to AWAS to settle the finance on the B763, the Cameroon Govt felt it safe to bring the a/c back into Europe again without fear of having a lien slapped on it, but I hear some creditors of the old Cameroon Airlines entity are eyeing up the asset whilst it's in Shannon - maybe that is why a 2010 start is more feasible ?

With Camairco starting, wonder if that will scupper the plans of the new airline startups in Douala, one I hear is very advanced in aquisition of wide and narrowbodies, pending AOC issue... The country definately needs a reliable functioning carrier that's for sure.

alpha-b
8th Jul 2009, 22:01
It's about time that we own a national carrier just for our own sake first.However i'm not aware of this other airlines setting up in cameroon and u said they're quite advanced in their paperwork.Perhaps u could shed some lights with me on the matter,PM if u want