PDA

View Full Version : Question about ATPL in Qatar Airways / QCAA

mounster
8th Jul 2009, 10:22
As mention in the title, I have a question regarding it.

I obtain my ATPL in Indonesia when I was flying there, so I have my Indonesian ATPL + Indonesian ATPL theory result.

Then in 2007 I begin flying in Singapore and based on my Indonesian ATPL + ATPL theory result, the CAA Singapore gave me the Singapore ATPL. So my Singapore ATPL is based on conversion only. I did not undergo ATPL course in Singapore, so I do not have the Singapore ATPL theory result.

Recently I applied Qatar Airways with my Singapore ATPL and offered a job. They ask me for my current ATPL theory result and the only ATPL theory result is the one from Indonesia (my previous / other ATPL not the current one that I use it to apply Qatar Airways).

I was wondering if anybody have the same experience when applied job in Qatar Airways, when you do not have the ATPL theory result for the licence that you use to apply Qatar Airways, can you use your other ATPL theory result to present them as one of the joining requirement ?

Second question is, will you be given ATPL as well in Qatar if you applied job with your current ATPL ?

Appreciate your feedback.

Safe flying !

outhouse
8th Jul 2009, 12:49
Well mounster,
An interesting question just now.
My understanding re the QCAA FCL-1 and 2 requirements are based on a copied version of the EASA-FCL with a few local changes is that the qualifications accepted by the QCAA are those located in the licence used as the basis for the issue of the QCAA licence. I stand to be corrected? Maybe.
Now the theory exam re the ATPL I understand that any acceptable (to the QCAA) ATPL qualification has been acceptable in the Past, as long as it was in the correct licence.
If you are a co-pilot with a CPL-IR only do you need a ATPL theory pass (frozen ATPL).
Is any restriction in or coming re the authority that issued this ATPL theory pass?
:ok:

loc22550
8th Jul 2009, 15:06
-Yes if you join QR with an ATPL they will issue you a qatari ATPL licence.
(-If you join Q.R with a CPL +ATPL theory knowledge (F/O), they will issue you a Qatari CPL Licence here till your upgrade,..then you will receive an Qatari ATPL.)

mounster
8th Jul 2009, 21:25
Thank you for your feedback, outhouse and loc22550.

I applied and accepted in QR with my Singapore ATPL (not frozen). But this licence is based on the conversion of my previous (Indonesian) ATPL which is not valid at the moment. So I only did airlaw exam and human performance limitation, and based of the strength of my Indonesian ATPL + theory result, the Singapore CAA gave me Singapore ATPL. But the Singapore CAA did not gave me the theory result as I did not take full Singapore ATPL course and full theory exam.

I have/had no issue from the Indonesian Authority that issued both my ATPL and ATPL theory result. It is just I have to renew my Indonesian ATPL if I want to present them Qatar Airways.

But the problem is, I applied the company with my Singapore ATPL, so is this acceptable to the company if I present my other/previous ATPL + theory result as a joining requirement ? Because they asked me.

What about your experience, and by the way do you guys fly for QR ?

Safe fying !

ITO
8th Jul 2009, 21:40
Whatever you got, they looked at it, and they accepted you. Get everything ready, so that you’ll be able to present both ATPLs. Good luck for the rest.

mohd340
9th Jul 2009, 07:48
Qatar airways only cares about quantity only

mounster
9th Jul 2009, 20:02
@ITO : thank's

@mohd340 :what do you mean by quantity only ?

just curious, is this requirement to show ATPL theory (even if we got ATPL already) required by Qatar Airways or QCAA ?

Thank you

outhouse
10th Jul 2009, 04:37
Again my understanding of the licensing requirements are put simply that: QA will specify the licensing detail that is required to allow the QACC to issue a licence. A current ATPL licence say FAA with type rating. QA then do whatever training they require examinations and skill test and QCAA medical. Required paperwork is then sent to the authority. They issue licence. I don’t remember an issue re ATPL theory pass if you already held a current ATPL.
My question re: Do QA ATP holders need a ATP theory pass to get a QCAA CPL, was relevant. If you have a JAA/EASA CPL, then you would have a frozen ATPL theory. If you held an FAA CPL then maybe not, simple to fix though.
The QCAA stipulate minimum requirements, the company are un-lightly to want to exceed I suspect. However the authority may change requirements or bring in new ones, depending on the time of the month??
ITO gives good advice however the company should know what you have, and if that’s acceptable, when they make an offer.
Good luck, outhouse.
:ok: