PDA

View Full Version : RIAT - Media Facilities slashed

Navpi
8th Jul 2009, 05:39
Not sure where this topic should go but I know RIAT has featured heavily as many enthusiasts volunteer and may have a handle on this here so here goes.

Does anybody know why the media facilities appear to have been dramatically cutdown this year ?

I appreciate that in the past a number of "spotters" have attended and are clearly representing what might best be described as psuedo enthusiasts groups, but this year the media people appear to have thrown the baby out with the bath water and restricted media to just Sky and Radio Gloucestershire ...er and thats it !

My organisation has been sent one ticket for one day, so if there is a special event on say Saturday...tough missed it !

There are no facilites to transmit digi via the laptop, which possibly means lugging the pc around, you could also leave camera equipment in the centre but this means carrying £10Ks worth of stuff around.

You can only go on one day and once in you still have to register at the media area even though you cannot actually gain access to the centre, to what purpose, why bother to register, there is nothing to be gained ?

Polite email enquiries are ignored !

any ideas folks ?

JH

Groundloop
8th Jul 2009, 08:26
and restricted media to just Sky

There are the magic words. Probably Sky made them an offer they couldn't refuse! After all, RIAT is the Premiership of airshows.

GK430
9th Jul 2009, 22:53
It all seems like a bit of a nightmare - go Sat and miss Sunday or vice versa.
In '07 they offered a ticket for the Sunday to those attending on the Sat but the Wx forecast was dire. Who knows what the Wx will do either day this year.
They are offering a Mayfly and a Programme, but as you say, no where to leave a lot of valuable equipment:ugh:
Roll on the best show of the year and the great Boeing sponsored facility:ok:
(and some almost guaranteed blue skies)

NutLoose
14th Jul 2009, 22:05
:}

They're probably worried about the negative publicity if the Vulcan fails to put on a show yet again........