PDA

View Full Version : Egypt Ovf Permit

Fedel
7th Jul 2009, 22:43
I Want To Ask ?

Can I Submit Direct As Operator Ovf Permit For Egypt Fir Direct To Ecaa .

As I Hear Only Have To Be Done Throught Agent .

Pls Advise

Rgrds

Buzzz
8th Jul 2009, 00:44
Well assuming that nothing has changed recently it has to be done through an agent. The ECAA do this so there is a local middle man to collect your navigational charges and comms charges. On the positive side though it takes about 15 minutes to get a permit, as the agents already have predesignated overflight permit numbers which they issue to their customers upon application. Landing permits are a little different though, but still relatively straight forward.

Cheers,

Buzzz

dc9-32
8th Jul 2009, 07:16
Buzzz is correct there, you must use an agent. You have a PM Fedel

Fedel
8th Jul 2009, 20:44
Thank you so i have to search for a local agent

Rgrds

dc9-32
9th Jul 2009, 06:29
Beware of "hidden charges" with local agents. Your cheap permit may very quickly turn into a 2 page invoice !!

merlinxx
9th Jul 2009, 07:46
Check your PMs & revert SVP:ok:

Fedel
10th Jul 2009, 00:01
I was trying to avoid charges usually aviation servises charge me 50 $ for Egypt OVF permit .

merlinxx
10th Jul 2009, 05:36
You can't avoid charges, it's written in the ECAA rules & regs:ugh:

dc9-32
10th Jul 2009, 11:12
and the $50 won't be all you pay !!

merlinxx
10th Jul 2009, 11:56
And add to that Class B AFTN charges, for what FFS !

dc9 where's my Stella @ the Sheraton Heliopolis, I can wait:E

Kakha
20th Jul 2009, 12:06
Hi All

can somebody tell me the easy way to get O/F & landing permits for Algeria,Mali, Chad, Nigeria,Egypt, equ. Guinea, and Sierra Leone?

do you know how to get worldwide CAA contacts?
thanks

dc9-32
20th Jul 2009, 19:24
Kakha - hello, there is no such thing as making contact with world-wide CAA offices. Most countries, yes you can deal direct but there are many, many countries where using an agent is mandatory.

The countries you mention, most will require an agent to act on your behalf and sadly these agents can/will rip you off in terms of what they charge you. Plus, they will charge again for revalidations of the permits in the event of a schedule change etc. and these charges can be double what you pay for the permit. Don't be fooled into thinking a quote of say $50 for a permit wll be the price you pay. Oh no, that price will invariably rise considerably with the agent's "fees and charges" otherwise known as hidden charges. My good friend merlinxx makes a valid point. Who charges for AFTN signals ??? Lot's of agents do and there is absolutely no reason for them to do so.

On your list, Chad, Algiers, Nigeria, Egypt, Mali are all straight forward to obtain and revalidate.

If you would like further information or assistance, drop me a PM.

merlinxx - your Stella is in my fridge, but not for long :rolleyes:

Fedel
20th Jul 2009, 20:00
Dear

I can help you for O/F Algeria Fir always i am contact them direct with positive results always but request has to be in French or Arabic

dc9-32
20th Jul 2009, 20:15
Algiers will take the application in English and reply in French :ok:

Their permission is normally valid for 72hrs but is dealt with on a case by case basis.

merlinxx
20th Jul 2009, 20:19
If only everyone followed the correct protocol, there would no problems:ugh:

Dc9 Not in the fridge, on me desk now:= (has gotta be Egyptian onion Stella, per chance have you got a Sister called Stella in CAI as well ?):E