PDA

View Full Version : Airports/Aifields recomendation

mrcub
7th Jul 2009, 22:38
Hello,

I´m planning a ferry flight through Italy, and I want to request some recommendations to choose the correct Arfields (I want to avoid big airports due to the security controls, bloodsucker handlings, etc.).

Iniatially I planned a nightstop at LIAF (Foligno) and to leave Italy from LI32 (Corde de Grosso) to Greece. It seems right with the Jeppview, but in the real world I don´t know If I can find accomodation in Foligno or if there are restrictions to get 100LL at Corde de Grosso. The kind of things that destroy a perfect day of flight.

I´m completely open to your suggestions and I would appreciate them.

Thanks in advance.

Henry VIII
8th Jul 2009, 06:46
Hi mrcub, Foligno is a perfect airfield for amusing flight. No landing fees, no bureaucracy, 100LL available by Aero Club Foligno. No problem to find nice accomodation at affordable price.
Anyway suggest to keep in touch with AeC, Ph. + Fax +39.0742.670201.

I've never been in Corde de Grosso and, to be honest, I don't know where it is located. Please give me a clue and I'll let you know.

mrcub
8th Jul 2009, 11:24
Hello Henry VIII,

I wrote incorrectly the name of LI32, the correct one is Melpignano Corte de Droso, located 10NM SSE of Lecce Military and 2NM W of Maglie. In the Jeppview appears 100LL available, 3232 ft of grass RWY and prior permision required. In case of no suitable for fuel stop, the other option I have is Brindisi Casale.

Thanks for your help.

Henry VIII
8th Jul 2009, 12:34
Do not know Melpignano Corte de Droso, but try to avoid Brindisi as much as practicable due to high 100LL price, frantic refueller timetable with out-of-scheduled-opening-time extra charge associated.

If you are interested in airfield located in south east Italy, try here (http://www.ulm.it/hangar/campi/lista_en.htm?valore=puglia&condizione=regione&sel_ordine=nome asc).

mrcub
8th Jul 2009, 19:22
Hi HenryVIII,

Many thanks for your very helpful advice, and I´ll use Foligno for the nightstop and the Lecce-Lepore to jump to Greece.

Best regards and good flights!!!