PDA

View Full Version : Nigeria TRACON project best in Africa - NAMA

TonyWilliams
7th Jul 2009, 10:53
The Board of the Nigeria Airspace Management Agency said on Sunday in Abuja that the Total Radar Coverage of Nigeria project was one of the best in Africa.

The Chairman of the board, Alhaji Abubakar, made the assertion in an interview with the 'News Agency of Nigeria' after a facility tour of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport.

I can tell you categorically that we have state-of-the-art equipment at the airport and that the TRACON equipment is one of the best in Africa and the world.

"This is due to President Umaru Yar'Adua's commitment to ensuring that Nigeria's airspace is safe, thereby building passengers confidence in the flying", he said.

The project was completed and inaugurated early in the year to aid Air traffic controllers in controlling the landing and take-off of aircraft at the nation's airports.

Baraje said the TRACON project for Lagos airport had been completed, while those of Kano and Port-Harcourt airports were ongoing.

atedo
21st Jul 2009, 18:46
I beleive we are in July, this is not an April fool?:ugh:

jetjackel
22nd Jul 2009, 08:00
What????? :8

TonyWilliams
23rd Jul 2009, 06:18
I posted that word for word out of the newspaper in Lagos. I thought it was pretty funny.