PDA

View Full Version : Thomson(fly)/First Choice Aircraft

EGTI
7th Jul 2009, 00:15
Since Thomson(fly) took over First Choice, why do Thomson holidays operated flights still operate using First Choice aircraft?

For example, I fly at the end of the month, booked through First Choice (part of the Thomson/TUI group), the flight number has the 'TOM' prefix, yet the aircraft is likely to be a First Choice 757.
Similarly, next month, on a Thomson holiday, to the Caribbean, I'm expecting the aircraft to be a First Choice 767.

I was just wondering why this is, as the Thomson take over was some time ago now if I believe correctly. Is it simply a case of changing the livery?

Mr @ Spotty M
7th Jul 2009, 08:07
The answer to your question is Yes, just livery as all a/c are operated by Thomson Airways.

WATABENCH
7th Jul 2009, 08:23
And prob not a high priority to rush 30 odd aircraft in to spray shop during recession, maybe theyre waiting for 787 deliveries before spraying all of the fleet.

Ten West
7th Jul 2009, 09:00
Word round the campfire is that a complete re-branding will take place once we get the 787.

For now, the aircraft are operated in their old schemes, but under the TOM fleet umbrella. FCA or TOM aircraft all have TOM flight numbers as "First Choice Airlines" officially no longer exists.

The 767's also have differences in interior fit between Thomson and ex-FCA aircraft.

Hope this helps.

10W :ok:

jpoth06
7th Jul 2009, 10:26
The ex FCA 763ERs have a nicer interior than the Thomson ones, in my opinion.

They're just due for a livery update, since both companies merged to create 'Thomson Airways'.

So if you book through First Choice then you will be on a Thomson flight with a 'TOM' flight number.

For some reason I booked a holiday not long ago through First Choice (after the merge) and is was a lot cheaper (~£300) to do it through the First Choice website rather than the Thomson one for the exact same holiday.

OliWW
7th Jul 2009, 14:56
I dont know why it cant just stay as Thomsonfly, MyTravel and Thomas Cook merging stayed as Thomas Cook

Ten West
7th Jul 2009, 19:21
Politics probably. Usually is. :rolleyes:

DLB11071990
14th Jan 2010, 21:19
Hi man. Since you live (i think) East Midlands do you know what Livery of Thomson 767s fly out of there? Particularly to Barbados. Thanks

Dazbo5
15th Jan 2010, 12:54
DLB11071990,

It's an ex-Thomsonfly 763 on the TOM830/1. These are used on cruise charters most of the time.

Darren