PDA

View Full Version : Stats for class one failures.

alosaurus
6th Jul 2009, 12:48
Over the years I have personally known ten unfortunates loose their medical most of these never regained a class one.

Brief search came out with an FAA pass rate of 99.6% (but no source). Just wondered if anyone can verify this or has access to some other figures.

Could just do with some facts for next time I come across an ignoramus adamant that any keep fit programme is a waste of time.

Thanks in advance.

alosaurus
7th Jul 2009, 09:18
Nathan - Thanks for the reply. What I am actually looking for are some numbers as to how many people fail the class one medical. Most of the guy I knew had a heart murmur. One stopped drinking gallons of coffee a day and started going to the gym / another had to have minor surgery. One guy had blood in the urine but this seemed to resolve itself.

The other seven had to stop flying.

So as if say I know / 1,000 pilots and 10 failed their medical my unscientific estimate would be that 1% of pilots fail a class one. 0.7 % will have to retire and find another way of making a living.

I personally never want to go back to what I was doing before I started flying. Worked a lot harder / and paid a lot less. Loss of licence insurance doesn't even cover the mortgage.

My insurance is trying to keep fit.