PDA

View Full Version : MD-11 SRM Query

fabo
6th Jul 2009, 12:32
I’m currently reviewing repair records for an MD-11F. I’ve been given a copy of the MD-11 SRM and because this is the first time that I have looked at any Douglas SRM everything is a little different to what I’m familiar with (SRM’s from Boeing Seattle, Airbus & BAe).

Could someone who is more familiar with the MD-11 SRM help out with a couple of queries?

1. Did the format of the MD-11 SRM change in the past couple of years (similar to the way that the format and referencing of the B737-300/400/500 SRM’s changed in 2005 from “SRM 53-00-01, Fig 207” to “SRM 53-00-01, Repair 7”).

2. Are Douglas (or Boeing Long Beach if anyone want’s to get pedantic with me) in the habit of inserting new figures at the beginning of a SRM section resulting all subsequent figures being out of their original sequence. This would result in a SRM reference that was valid in say 1999 not being a valid SRM reference today.

A specific example is that I’ve found a damage chart entry referencing “SRM Volume I, 53-20-00, Figure 10, View B”. This reference doesn’t exist in the current version of the SRM, however “SRM Volume I, 53-20-00, Figure 11, View B” does exist and appears to cover the type of repair that my damage chart entry covers. I'm guessing that Douglas inserted a new figure at the start of the section, there's a couple of other examples like this. I've never experienced Boeing (Seattle) doing things like this, if they insert something new into the SRM they will ensure that the old reference still directs you to the relevant section.

If anyone who’s familiar can shed a little light on this for me I’d appreciate it. I just want to make sure that I have my story straight before I start requesting more repair information.

Thanks
fabo

EK2EYengineer
10th Jul 2009, 14:41
Are these ex GEMINI machines