PDA

View Full Version : FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Refresher Course

Trevelu
6th Jul 2009, 02:39
Hi

I hold an FAA Dispatchers Certificate, worked in an International Airline as a Dispatcher for about 17 years, but have been "out of touch" in a different line of work for about 15 years.

I would like to undergo a refresher course to get back into the circuit, but need advice as to which would be most suitable for me, preferrably in New York.

Thanks.

desertopsguy
8th Jul 2009, 17:31
I think Flight Safety had a New York based flight dispatcher course running, perhaps do a search and get their contact details and ask them if they still have a dispatcher course and if they can do recurrent.

The problem is that if they do, they may not want to run it for just one person unless others were interested.

If you intend to go back to work as a dispatcher you will need to undergo company specific initial training which will take care of your recurrency issue. If a dispatcher has not undergone recurrency within 24months they have to go back and do initial anyway.

May I suggest sending your query as a private message to a longstanding member of PPRune and goldmine of info on all things dispatcher, his name is NoSig.

I think he would have a good idea of what you should do.

All the best.

bcp7
19th Jul 2009, 21:34
did you go to a Dispatch school? They should offer some sort of refresher program.
Sheffield has a free refresher for their graduates, and offer services for graduates of other schools as well.