PDA

View Full Version : RAF Tristar - scotland 4/7/09 - sat afternoon

Vulcan607
6th Jul 2009, 00:24
Hi there,

was flying a PA-28 Cherokee around the Glasgow/Argyll/Ayrshire areas on saturday afternoon and was given traffic info of a Tristar operating along the coast approx 2000ft.

Callsign was Ascot 8** something-something (cant remember exactly what it was)

was impressive to see if I'm honest.

Just wondered what it may have been doing in the area. I believe the crew were flying it towards Campbeltown then up towards Lossie........

Any info shed, I'd be grateful - just curious to find out what the aircraft was doing in our local area.

Can the RAF send up the VC-10 next time please!?

:ok:

pigsinspace
6th Jul 2009, 02:02
VC10 would need a nightstop and then go U/S on the way!

Redcarpet
6th Jul 2009, 06:37
Must be the furthest west they've been this year ;)

stablelad
6th Jul 2009, 08:17
Yes it was a 216 Sqn Tristar, they were flying a group of veterans around the UK coastline before making a flypast at the Waddington air show.

Telegraph Reporter
6th Jul 2009, 16:05
Flying a group of veterans around the UK? So whilst our troops in Afghanistan suffer because they can't get home on R&R due to the poor serviceability rates of the UK's AT fleet, they swan about flying just anybody? Disgraceful. Who ever allowed that flight to happen should hang their head in shame. Support out troops on the front line, not a group of veterans.

On_The_Top_Bunk
6th Jul 2009, 16:12
Flying a group of veterans around the UK? So whilst our troops in Afghanistan suffer because they can't get home on R&R due to the poor serviceability rates of the UK's AT fleet, they swan about flying just anybody? Disgraceful. Who ever allowed that flight to happen should hang their head in shame. Support out troops on the front line, not a group of veterans.

First post and fishing........:rolleyes:

Gainesy
6th Jul 2009, 16:24
Stablelad's first post and he's caught one.:ok:

Dengue_Dude
6th Jul 2009, 17:59
They've already GOT the troops in Afghanistan - they're much more interested in getting the next crop . . .

Just call me cynical . . . go on then.

Redcarpet
6th Jul 2009, 19:12
Telegraph reporter: A little knowledge is a dangerous thing and on the basis of your only post you must be lethal! :ugh: