PDA

View Full Version : FAA Flight Instruction and Sign Offs in Scotland

shotta
5th Jul 2009, 14:35
Hi Guys,

I've recently returned from the states where I obtained my FAA certificates: CPL/IR and CFI,CFII,MEI.

With over 1000 hours of dual instruction given, I am FAA authorised to conduct instruction towards an FAA certificate or perform the biennial flight review.

Instrument priviliges on an FAA certificate can be partially obtained or renewed on our FAA authorised flight simulator which is based at Cumbernauld.

If anyone requires any information about flying in the States or working towards FAA stuff then just contact me and I will do my best to help.

Harry.

sapperkenno
5th Jul 2009, 19:10
Me too. I have ZERO hours dual given, but am still authorized by the FAA to do all the same schpeel. I am also an AGI/IGI too...

I'll be returning to Leeds, W. Yorks, in August due to lack of being able to acquire the necessary work visas to remain here in the US. I didn't think that such blatant touting for work was allowed on here? So if that's not what the above post is about, I'm sorry.

So, I'm not looking for work, but would be happy to help anyone (closer to Leeds) with any burning questions they may have regarding FAA training, or Flight Reviews and Instrument Proficiency Checks, as I would like to "keep my hand in" until I am able to return to the US.

I am also disgusted to read elsewhere, that some UK "dual rated" FAA instructors are charging 30 quid for the privilege of giving endorsements... You no good robbing b@st@ards. I would like to be able to assist FAA certified pilots, without going down the same road as the rip-off JAA/CAA system. If you would like to know more, please PM me.

Thanks and regards,
Spr K (retd)