PDA

View Full Version : Heli Hour Building pilot Req'd

Andy_20
3rd Jul 2009, 16:20
Can anyone Hour building on helicopters in blackpool PM me please

Cheers :ok:

Keygrip
5th Jul 2009, 10:57
Have to admit, folks, this made me suspicious that someone was looking for an illegal charter of some kind - or some muppet wanted an underslung load lifting high.

A PM to the poster assures me that they are looking for an hour builder to do some mutual flying with.

If anyone finds anything different, please let me know.

For now, apologies to Andy for the mistrust.

Whirlygig
5th Jul 2009, 11:05
Probably better off asking in Rotorheads.

Cheers

Whirls

Andy_20
6th Jul 2009, 12:22
No worries Keygrip, sorry for the minimalistic approach in starting a thread i was in a bit of a rush. Yeah the post was to find some mutual flying for a friend on helicopters for some hour building!

Position sorted now, thanks.

Whirly, isnt this forum for rotorheads, or am i missing something!?

Whirlygig
6th Jul 2009, 12:44
You asked (and I posted) in Private Flying which tends to be very, very fixed wing oriented. Not many Rotorheads go in there and I only saw your post by chance on the front page.

Mod obviously agreed and moved it here!

Cheers

Whirls

Andy_20
6th Jul 2009, 13:01
Ahhh i see :ugh:, sorry, as i said i pretty much rushed the post!

ShyTorque
6th Jul 2009, 22:12
Not many Rotorheads go in there

Remind me again, Whirls. Every time I go there these days I soon wish I hadn't. This place seems to be populated by far more sensible folk, with far less of a grudge, an inferiortiy or superiority complex, or other such hang-up. A helicopter poster seems to bring them out of the woodwork in a flash, like moths to a candle. :ugh:

;)

Whirlygig
6th Jul 2009, 22:24
So true ShyT, and we are welcoming to everyone; no private members' club here eh? :}

bring them out of the woodwork in a flash, like moths to a candle.What a fabulously mixed metaphor :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

Jackboot
7th Jul 2009, 12:18
Wots a Meta for anyway?

If you have to mix it I guess we'll have to watch Gordon fxxxxxng Ramsay for the recipe?!

Jack

Agaricus bisporus
7th Jul 2009, 13:43
Puzzled.

Why would anyone want an hours builder for mutual flying? If you wanted a safety pilot surely you'd ask for an experienced pilot?

Are they going to let said hours builder log the time, and so type rate him, and put him on their insurance as Captain? Why would anyone do that?

Sounds odd to me.

Whirlygig
7th Jul 2009, 13:59
Not at all odd; I would have liked someone to share time with.

It's like this. Let's say I can afford one hour in a Schweizer and I need to return it back to base. That means I can fly for half an hour and return, not leaving Norfolk.

However, if I had a friend (and I don't :( :{), I could fly for one hour, get out of the county and maybe even experience some hill flying (!), land, bacon-butty and chum could fly back. Cost split and we've both had the opportunity to go further afield.

Simples. ;)

Cheers

Whirls

Pandalet
7th Jul 2009, 15:20
Tsk, I'd fly with you, if you didn't insist on those effete three-bladed jobbies. And lived closer than the bum-shaped bit of England. :}