PDA

View Full Version : CPLH Conversion in Africa

HeliHamo
5th Jul 2009, 04:28
Hi everyone, i know this is mainly a plank drivers forum, but was wandering if anyone can shed light on helicopter foreign licence conversion in Africa, say Kenya and Angola or Tanzania. I hold both Australian and Canadian CPLH's.

Also any advice on wether or not work visa's are easy to obtain in African countries.
I realize these are pretty broad question's but would appreciate any feed back or advice. Thanks.

Dimitridjsa
8th Jul 2009, 11:06
Hi Heliamo,

I only have experience with fixed wing conversions but that should be the same deal. Kenya: forget it if you don't have a work permit you wont get the license. Try and knock om some doors at Wilson airport in Nairobi Some company's provide you with a work permit. Tanzania write a type rating test and air law at the CAA in Dar es Salaam, then you need 5 hours on the type and a check ride of a commercial pilot. Angola no experience. If you're looking for a job in East Africa and you convert you're license to a let's say Tanzania one it's easyer to convert it to a Kenya and Ugandan one.

hope that helps,
Cheers

HeliHamo
14th Jul 2009, 22:06
Thanks for the reply Dimitridjsa. :) That has at least given me a bit of an idea where to start. Will look into the Tanzania bit and like you said maybe get on the blower and have a talk to some heli operators in Nairobi.