PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Parking Up

gardenshed
4th Jul 2009, 13:27
Heard a rumour the other day that MCC have the paperwork in hand to start parking up aircraft.
Anybody care to confirm or deny?

Oblaaspop
4th Jul 2009, 13:35
Highly unlikely since we are receiving 20 Airframes between Now and next August!

It would cost more to park up (lease wise) than to keep 'em flying.... AS's words not mine.

Whygaf
4th Jul 2009, 14:00
Haven't heard anything in Engineering, but then thats nothing new!! Back in work in a few days will enquire.

White Knight
4th Jul 2009, 15:58
And just what has MCC to do with 'parking aeroplanes up'? Their job is to fix problems on the line.. I imagine if anything's being parked up it'll be under 'base' maintenance!
Besides with new routes and new aeroplanes I hardly think that anything will be parked:\

h3dxb
5th Jul 2009, 04:28
No news regarding parking.

@white knight
It is a misunderstanding from pilots side, that MCC fixes problems in the Line. For this U have DXB Line MX. Like something else unusual in EK, MCC is for Outstations only and general overview.

But U can ask me :ok:

Gulf News
5th Jul 2009, 04:40
Maybe the paperwork you saw were tender documents.

http://www.biman-airlines.com/upload/Uploads/plngn.pdf

This sorts out several issues. Profitably absorbs excess capacity and three older airframes scheduled for retirement. ACMI for one year followed by dry lease will also utilize flight crew (lazy pilots) who are sitting around only flying 90 hours a month :rolleyes:

I would love to see how the management sell this one to the pilots. " Your contract is based in Dubai therefore you should live in Dubai and not try to commute. However if you do wish to commute you can have a Dhaka base"

Any takers ?

White Knight
5th Jul 2009, 05:56
h3dxb - that's what I meant.. Problems at outstations and in the air:ok: Our definition of 'line' is probably slightly different from yours:}

h3dxb
5th Jul 2009, 06:18
White knight
Touchee :)

Big brother is watching U, I see all yr resets and especially the hard landings :ok:

White Knight
5th Jul 2009, 09:01
Not my landings:ok::ok: Featherlite:}

trimotor
6th Jul 2009, 04:43
Was a bit target-fixed on a Featherlite arrival myself t'other day, though turned into a baulked landing. Luckily was below the Landing Climb limit weight.