PDA

View Full Version : A380 Emirates GENUINELY excited !

tezzer
3rd Jul 2009, 13:19
Had a business trip to book to Bangkok for next week, so had a play and decided to try the A380 from DXB - BKK, booked in C class.

Checked afterwards to see if I could use some miles for an upgrade, but no availability.

Checked again 20 minutes ago, and whoohoo there IS a seat (suite) available, so burned some skywards miles and booked it.

For the first time this year, and probably my 50th sector at least I am genuinely excited at the prospect of trying what is reputed to be the best experience in the skies right now.

traymat
3rd Jul 2009, 14:38
Let us know..
Understand your excitement

shogan1977
3rd Jul 2009, 15:38
Flew business class on it last week. The best thing for me is the quiet cabin / takeoff - despite what Boeing might say, I think its great :D

Also think EK service on the A380 is better than rest of fleet

nivsy
3rd Jul 2009, 21:08
Dont want to put a downer on your excitement - but my other better half was also excited about being Business class on the 380 for her trip to Aussie via Dubai around Christmas last year.

Lets just say her report on cabin crew, service and quality of food in the Business Clabin of the 380 was not very complementary at all and she far preferred the 777 onwards to Perth in terms of feeling she was getting more in line with what she had paid for.

Hopefully your food that is supposed to be hot will actually be hot (amongst other things) and the customer care while in the air a bit better than what she experienced..

tezzer
3rd Jul 2009, 21:46
I hope so too !

One thing you can say about EK service is that it is "variable". Sometimes great, sometimes appalling, and on the ground if things go wrong it is just chaotic.

lion-g
4th Jul 2009, 02:19
Hi all,

Try Singapore Airlines A380 then :ok:

eliptic
4th Jul 2009, 07:22
I agree Emirates 380 are like a lottery,,Singapore Air NEVER fails,period!

tezzer
4th Jul 2009, 07:26
To be honest , Can't see me getting from manchester to Bangkok and back, in C where there is no F and F where there is for £1,600 with Singapore airlines plus 65,000 miles, can you ?

shogan1977
4th Jul 2009, 08:47
Sit on the right hand side of the aircraft, for some reason - possibly the fact that passengers board on left side - but the pre-flight service is better on right side (at least it was the two times i flew with them). PS the food was fine.

tezzer
4th Jul 2009, 12:49
Thanks for that, I have blagged a seat on the RHS of the cabin, so all is falling perfectly into place.

Have done 8 sectors with EK in the last 4 weeks 4 in F and 4 in C (where there was no F in that config) and this will be 4 more. I am doing 2 more from BHX to DXB with Mrs Tezzer in 2 weeks time (I'm working, she's haveing a week by the pool), so it's been a bit of an EK frenzy, 14 flights in less than 2 months, but enough to shoot me back to EK gold !

Donkey497
4th Jul 2009, 16:12
Can't comment on the EK 380 service, but I can confirm that the SIA 380 is by far the quietest and smoothest aircraft it has ever been my distinct pleasure to fly on. Did GLA/DXB/SIN on EK in December and LHR/SIN on SIA in March - no comparison, would take the crap of travelling through LHR every time to get a 380 flight.