PDA

View Full Version : Connecting between Ryanair flights at DUB

XSBaggage
3rd Jul 2009, 13:10
I have booked 2 flights with Ryanair through Dublin (from the UK and back to another UK destination) with a relatively tight connection, about 1 hour 30 minutes. With hand luggage only and online check in, do I need to go landside and then back through Security again? From what I remember the last time I was in Dublin airport with Ryanair, quite some time ago, the inbound and outbound passengers could mix and there didn't seem any reason why I couldn't go straight to my gate from the inbound flight.

Any help would be much appreciated.

XSB

JayPee28bpr
3rd Jul 2009, 13:39
Dublin may well hve changed since you were last here. Have you been since the new Pier D opened? That's a "proper" facility, where incoming and exiting passengers are segregated. Most Ryanair flights operate from Pier D now.

XSBaggage
3rd Jul 2009, 13:58
No, it was nearly 3 years ago now since I've been. Think I'd better move sharp then when I arrive!

JayPee28bpr
3rd Jul 2009, 14:14
I think you'll end up having to go to baggage reclaim and then to Flight Transfers. Keep in mind that Pier D is quite a hike from the main terminal (ie baggage reclaim and connections), and you'll then probably have to go all the way back to get your connection!

Don't rely on me though! I live here, so I "arrive", I don't "connect". I'd say check Ryanair's website, but that would be a bad joke as they're very clear they don't "do" connecting flights, just point-to-point. I'm not sure the Dublin Airport site is any more informative either. Bring your running shoes might be safer advice.

So long as your first flight is reasonably on time, you'll have plenty of time with a 90 minute connection time.