PDA

View Full Version : School year in the UAE

Nuuk
1st Jul 2009, 21:06
Don't we live in the best place with responsible leaders? Link to a article from the Goof News

Gulfnews: School year in UAE to start after Eid (http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Education/10327686.html)

OMDB-PiLoT
1st Jul 2009, 23:13
No one's going to benefit from this! Its not like kids never had school during Ramadan. This will only add chaos and more burden on teachers and students.

:ugh:

puff m'call
2nd Jul 2009, 05:23
Another good reason for leaving this garbage dump in the desert!! My daughter looses about 30% of the curriculum just because these skirt wearing idiots want all this time off.:=

It's fine for the locals who don't have to have a proper education, after they graduate from the Ham Head Bin Twit Uni they can sit around coffee shops working out how much they are earning from sponsoring hookers.:ugh: Not wondering where they are going to get a job:ugh:

:mad::mad:

So think twice about coming out here, it's not just about flying a big jet. Think of the damage it WILL do to your family. When things pick up alot of us will be out of here.

Thanks UAE and EK management, this was to be my last move coming here but you've beaten me in submission. :{

keep dicovering for sure!! The hard way.

acegreaser
2nd Jul 2009, 06:46
I thought it was public schools only.....better call the school now.

Fart Master
2nd Jul 2009, 06:57
It is only the govt schools. It does not apply to JESS DESS etc. as I understand

h3dxb
2nd Jul 2009, 07:20
Fart Master
It is only the govt schools. It does not apply to JESS DESS etc. as I understand

maybe U go also once more to school for simple reading :ok:
Abu Dhabi: Public and private schools will open their doors for the next school year only after Ramadan and Eid Al Fitr at the end of September, the Minister of Education said.

Maybe they reduce the school allowance now due to shorter terms :ugh:

Ooops don't wake sleeping dogs

acegreaser
2nd Jul 2009, 07:43
From Khaleej Times: DUBAI — Schools following the Ministry of Education curriculum will begin the academic year after the holy month of Ramadan, the Ministry of Education announced on Wednesday.

So, I think, what it means is that public and private school of the local curriculum and not that of International Curriculum, are the only ones affected by this.

prowler
2nd Jul 2009, 10:46
@puff m'call

Another good reason for leaving this garbage dump in the desert!! My daughter looses about 30% of the curriculum just because these skirt wearing idiots want all this time off.:=

It's fine for the locals who don't have to have a proper education, after they graduate from the Ham Head Bin Twit Uni they can sit around coffee shops working out how much they are earning from sponsoring hookers.:ugh: Not wondering where they are going to get a job:ugh:

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif

So think twice about coming out here, it's not just about flying a big jet. Think of the damage it WILL do to your family. When things pick up alot of us will be out of here.

Thanks UAE and EK management, this was to be my last move coming here but you've beaten me in submission. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/boohoo.gif

keep dicovering for sure!! The hard way.

good on ya mate....

Could not have said it better!!

The greedy School Admins had already started sending us reminders & notices for next scholastic year's submissions & new fees!!

A good question will be HOW MANY Families we would see, IF they ever come back after the summer holidays are over......

Bredrin
3rd Jul 2009, 09:58
And there was an article in The National this week saying that the locakl schools were going to increase the school day by 90 minutes, Sun to Wed and 45 minutes on Thur due to unacceptable education standards.
They have no clue when it comes to education. So what if it is Ramadan, children should be sent to bed at a reasonable time to enable them to at least have a half day of usefull education.
USELESS AND CLUELESS!!!

Fart Master
3rd Jul 2009, 10:56
H3dxb, maybe you go once more and stop being cheeky tw@t

The original info I read said it only applied to govt schools, if it's changed no biggie

Jet II
3rd Jul 2009, 11:11
LOL - only newbies believe what is written in the Gulf News

Khaleej Times Online >> News >> NATION
International schools
can stay on schedule
([email protected])

3 July 2009

DUBAI — Private schools not affiliated to the national curriculum are to re-open, as scheduled, on August 31. However, they could be given the option to reopen after Eid.

“The postponement of the commencement of the academic year 2009-2010 after the end of Ramadan will only apply to the government schools and schools that follow the MOE curriculum,” Education Minister Humaid Mohammed Obaid Al Quttami told Khaleej Times.

He emphasised that media reports stating that the decision would apply to all private schools including those not affiliated to the national curriculum were incorrect. The decision does not apply to schools following the UK, US, International Baccalaureate, Indian, Pakistani, Iranian, French, German, Japanese and Philippine curricula.

h3dxb
3rd Jul 2009, 12:53
Fart Master

I'm not cheeky, hey thats me, the friendly foreigner :ok:

Checked with our school. They told me ,they try to hold the the normal begin, but O-statement: we are in Dubai and it can change soon.

Halas, habe fertig :}

PHAROH
4th Jul 2009, 15:48
School year in UAE to start after Eid

By Abdullah Rasheed, Abu Dhabi Editor
Published: July 01, 2009, 17:31

Abu Dhabi: Public and private schools will open their doors for the next school year only after Ramadan and Eid Al Fitr at the end of September, the Minister of Education said.

The decision to postpone the 2009-10 school year for public and private schools, including those that teach a non-ministry curriculum “was taken following extensive consultations with relevant bodies,” the minister, Humaid Mohammad Obaid Al Qutami, told Gulf News on Wednesday.

Ramadan is expected to begin on August 21 or 22 this year. Eid will probably be on September 20. Schools will begin on September 23. Administrative and teaching staff must report on September 13, Al Qutami said.

WAM reported public schools will start after Eid. But the minister said the decision will be applied to all schools, public and private

OMDB-PiLoT
4th Jul 2009, 16:45
Similar thread here:
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/379853-school-year-uae.html

Please scan through old threads before posting.

Bredrin
7th Jul 2009, 12:34
Read The National instead. Gulf and Khaleej are a waste of paper. & Days is better also.