PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendations for any school in Australia or NZ

StarStalker
1st Jul 2009, 20:52
I have 80 hours of flying and a PPL from the Philippines. Looking for a school in Australia or NZ where I can complete my CPL + IR + Multi.

Rather than going around visiting websites, I would like to get recommendations from the members here. Since most of you are pilots or wannabe's like me, I'm sure you know which the good school are where I can get my license done in a cost effective and timely manner.

ReverseFlight
2nd Jul 2009, 06:58
I would learn at a GAAP airport and Moorabbin (YMMB) in Melbourne provides a good combination of weather, airspace and convenience.

Moorabbin Flying Services (http://www.mfs.com.au/)
Moorabbin Flying Services is one of the better schools there. It is staffed with many full-time instructors and the fleet is only a few years old, with new aircraft arriving later this year. Its instructors are very professional and every student gets full attention, as many of its international students can confirm. It has a standardised syllabus for CPL + IR + Multi, backed by synthetic flight trainers and at least 2 Piper Seminoles (one of which is a glass cockpit). The rest of the fleet are mostly Piper Warriors, about half of which will be glass cockpits by the end of this year. This compares favourably with the average training aircraft in Australia of around 30-40 years old. It is CRICOS accredited and so you will have no problem obtaining a student visa. Ask for Gary, the CFI.

nastyevil110
5th Jul 2009, 21:16
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont come to australia its no good here go some where else where you get good training and value for money.......do youself favor