PDA

View Full Version : Royal Jordanian

Tiburon peligroso
1st Jul 2009, 11:34
Royal Jordanian are recruting, can any old hands inform me of the quality of their contracts. Are the guys happy campers etc.
With thanks
TP.

Harlem
20th Jul 2009, 15:00
Hi TriJetFlying,

I´m interested in RJ too, and I have send you a PM.

411A
20th Jul 2009, 15:26
Don't especially know first hand about their present contracts, however...the quality of their training has been top-notch in the recent past, if going by how some of their recently retired pilots I fly with now is any indication.
Very good operators, generally.

Harlem
20th Jul 2009, 15:57
Thanks 411A.
Could you tell me something about the selection process?
What about live in Amman?

Thanks.

411A
20th Jul 2009, 19:40
Don't know anything now about the current selection process, however, Amman is not an inexpensive city in which to live, unless you are prepared to share with another pilot...then OK.
Having said this, rents have come down in recent months due to many Iraqi nationals returning to their country.
Amman is a very cosmopolitan city, and one of my favorites in the middle east.
Climate not bad either, although Jan/Feb can be rather cold.
Bars?
Yup, plenty.
Discos?
Likewise.
Supermarkets?
Lots.
Just a tad pricy, however.
Don't leave your checkbook at home.
Transportation?
Taxi's are inexpensive and plentiful.
Local folks?
Some of the most friendly around.
With a very few exceptions, I fly with an all Jordanian national crew in my present company, and in my opinion, they are top-notch in every respect.
Very well trained.

Ackner
21st Jul 2009, 17:57
Just left RJ after 8 months on the A320 fleet as I failed a recurrent medical due to cancer. Feel free to pm me.
Brgds
Martin

kashman
25th Jul 2009, 19:23
hello 411A (and everyone else). i'm a jordanian pilot and looking for a job. A310 FO to be more precise. anything in mind? im X royal jordanian by the way.

Basil-Fawlty
25th Jul 2009, 20:00
Ackner (http://www.pprune.org/members/2133-ackner)

Most and best sincere wishes for a complete recovery.

Safe and happy flying to all from Sybil, Poly and Manuel!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

BF

Tiburon peligroso
2nd Aug 2009, 11:20
Also got the email explaining the short delay with interviews.