PDA

View Full Version : Temoras Sabre

Mick.B
1st Jul 2009, 10:08
Video of high speed taxi testing. Link at bottom.

From Temora news
The RAAF Sabre is one step closer to going flying after completing high speed taxi trials on Monday afternoon. The Museum’s engineering team spent the day working through final inspections and preparing the aircraft for the runs. The main focus was to check aircraft handling at speed and to bed in the newly overhauled brakes.
Former RAAF Sabre pilot Group Captain Mike Nixon was at the controls and later commented, "the ground handling was a treat and all onboard systems functioned as well as new, at least as seen from the cockpit. Everything works as it should and all the numbers are in the zone.”
Mike was the last pilot to fly this aircraft 16 years ago, and when asked if he was tempted to go flying he said, “it took a great effort on my part to pull the throttle back and pop the speedbrakes at the end of the high-speed run, as the Sabre seemed eager to leap into the air. I'm sure the new pilots are going to fall in love with this magnificent old lady of the skies."
Museum aircraft engineer Ben Muller has been involved with the Sabre project over the last three years and said, “watching it scream down the runway for the first time was a combination of excitement and nervousness. I can’t wait to see it go flying.”

Stay tuned as we keep you updated as the Sabre progresses towards its first flight.

Three video clips of the RAAF Sabre’s taxi trials have been uploaded onto our website, check them out by visiting the link below:

Photo Gallery Video Clips (http://www.aviationmuseum.com.au/news/PhotoGalleryVideoClips.cfm)

illusion
1st Jul 2009, 13:03
Wonderful stuff.

Same one Gerry Keogh used to fly in the mid 80's is it?

Dog One
1st Jul 2009, 21:29
Great news, looking forward to its first flight!

Mr.Buzzy
2nd Jul 2009, 01:13
Time to give it away if that doesn't put a smile on your face!

Terrific work folks!!!!!! Thanks

bbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

allthecoolnamesarego
2nd Jul 2009, 07:09
They have done a great job!

(But let's not be misled by the title of this tread - it is not Temoras Sabre (even without the apostrophe :} ) it is the RAAF's Sabre on LOAN to Temora. :ok:

Feather #3
2nd Jul 2009, 10:18
Of course, we hope that Temora's Sabre isn't far behind!!

Cheers ;)