PDA

View Full Version : Air France Short Haul vs Regional

dmwhite
30th Jun 2009, 20:41
Hi everyone,

I cannot find this having been covered previously, but I do apologise if it has!

I usually travel with FlyBE from Manchester to continental Europe, however as I am travelling to Paris on 14th July for the sixth time this year I am considering trying Air France - purely to experience the difference (if any) between their and FlyBE's service.

My question is as follows - the return leg (17th July: 15:50) is showing as operated by Regional. Is there a big difference between the level of service I can expect between mainline AF Short Haul and services operated by Regional?

dmwhite

Final 3 Greens
1st Jul 2009, 02:23
Different a/c (is it a F100, if so, better leg room.)

Otherwise similar.

I've taken a few Regional operated flights within France and found it a pleasant and efficient service, with a nice mini bottle of wine and a snack.

As for Flybe, on my only sector with them, they charged £600 for a one way ticket and then I couldn't get into the lounge because I could only check in at the gate at -30 and was denied the snack and drink I'd paid for, because the check in agent didn't issue me with a voucher that I didn't reaslise I needed.

In conclusion, Regional would be my choice, in fact walking would be my choice compared to Flybe.

dmwhite
1st Jul 2009, 12:53
Thanks for the reply, I have the same general view of FlyBE in recent months - that's one of the reasons I am going for AF this time!

My main worry was whether I was going to get an inferior service with Regional as opposed to AF mainline. Such as the difference many of us experienced between BA Eurotraveller and BACon! I suppose that such a comparison would be unfair when considering the AF product.