PDA

View Full Version : RAF Gratuity

Doobs
30th Jun 2009, 20:02
I know this has been asked before but can anyone tell me how soon, after my exit date (13 Jul 09), will my gratuity be paid into my account?
JPA say end of Jul but has anyone received it sooner?

Doobs

taxydual
30th Jun 2009, 20:04
Mine was in the bank the day after my last day of service. Pre JPA though.

Pontius Navigator
30th Jun 2009, 20:58
Doobs, I agree with TD. As you are asking the question with 2 weeks to go the question is, did you ask soon enough?

I asked my bank how long it would take to transfer it to my building society, 5 days they said. Right said I, we'll have it in cash. £50s will do.

S*ds thought I was joking. We cleaned them out of £20, then walked it round the corner to the Nationwide. They were embarassed to have so much cash handed in. Wanted to know where we'd got it and then had to get Securicore in to collect it and take it back to the bank.

F^cking brilliant. Never to be repeated but you should have seen their faces. We took an empty briefcase but stuffed the brown envelopes in our pockets.

jockspice
30th Jun 2009, 21:17
In April, my gratuity, including a commuted pension, was in the bank within 10 days of my terminal date.

AQAfive
30th Jun 2009, 21:38
Early days of JPA; I left 28 Mar 07, gratuity in bank 18 Apr 07. Just make sure all paperwork is up to date, remember you have to apply for it all, it is not automatic.

There are various agencies that need to pass information to each other, but it all seemed to work smoothly. Just keep a eye on it all.

c130jbloke
1st Jul 2009, 07:44
Left the same time as AQA5, and mine was in the bank 10 days after. Just make sure that all the paperwork is sorted.

And I did mine on JPA:eek:

obnoxio f*ckwit
1st Jul 2009, 17:42
Mine was from JPA as well. 7 working days, correct amount, as was the pension. Almost disappointingly drama free!

StopStart
1st Jul 2009, 19:52
Clearly the only way to make JPA work then is to leave the RAF......

:ok:

Dominoe
1st Jul 2009, 20:56
Doobs,

I have recently left the mob and had previously checked with the on-line pension calculator what my pension and gratuity might be. I was therefore a bit surprised to be informed that both were quite a bit less than I had expected.

After a request for a recalculation I have now been informed on a substansive increase in both amounts. This has also happened to two other associates.

So my advice is, check your figures, see what they award and be prepared to challenge the amount. :suspect:

SRENNAPS
1st Jul 2009, 22:12
Dominoe,

I am slightly intrigued by your post.

I knew exactly what I was getting when I decided to leave the Air Force and this was confirmed, in writing by JPAC (or whatever they are called), before I left. When I finally left and was paid a few days later, I actually got more than I expected because all calculations had been carried out using an earlier date.

You must have had a reasonable idea of what you were going to get when you decided to leave. This should have been backed up, in writing, some time before you left.

Are you suggesting that you got less paid into your bank, after you had left? Or was the amount less than you expected when you were told how much you would get. (In Writing and you were still in?)

If this has also happened to two other associates that you knew, I would also suggest that this is potentially a major problem and may well have happened to many other people leaving the Air Force that you don’t know (law of averages and all that).

I hope this probelm has been reported properly.

Just food for thought.

Dominoe
2nd Jul 2009, 06:11
Thanks for the reply.

I left under a PVR and had previously checked my figures with the on line calculator. My pay was perhaps slightly unusual, in that I was being paid a rank above the one I actually wore. Having said that, I was informed by the (excellent) Forces Pension Society that the amount quoted appeared incorrect. Perhaps it was the difference between my rank/paid rank. But surely the system uses the your best pay from the last five years? They then sent a letter to Glasgow on my behalf.

My gratuity was paid approximately 10 days after leaving and my pension paid on time - albeit a lesser amount than that expected.

I only received official confirmation of the amount to be paid once I had actually left. During this time I had also crossed into a new pay rise.

My colleagues pension/gratuity was also incorrect (for reasons I do not know).

My main point was, it's definitely worth checking very carefully. As for informing everybody - thats what I have hoped to achieve by posting on this open forum. It would be a worrying thought if this had happened (unknowingly) to many others....... Is that a black Sedan I see on the horizon? :suspect:

Doobs
2nd Jul 2009, 11:42
Thanks for all the help and advice.
With 2 weeks to go til termination, I still havent received my final termination pack so still only have a rough idea of what I will receive.
JPAC are working on it !!!!!

Doobs