PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Flights

Gypsy_Air
30th Jun 2009, 14:10
I've just returned from a great delivery flight to Italy with Biggles99. We flew an R44 Astro from Cardiff to Cuneo in two days. It was a wonderful machine, and it was nice to fly with such good company. The weather was lovely, the Alps were spectacular and I learned an awful lot about mountain flying. This has got to be one of the best trips I've ever done. :ok:

Does anyone else have particularly fond memories of certain flights which stand out from the rest?

Pandalet
30th Jun 2009, 14:16
Oddly enough, delivering a R44 to Cuneo stands out in my mind, too :)

heliwes
30th Jun 2009, 16:28
And how was the return journey ???:ok:

firebird_uk
30th Jun 2009, 16:55
Delivered a 44 from Shoreham to Girona in a day with another esteemed member of this forum.

Had such a tail wind that we indicated 200mph groundspeed over the channel on the GPS!

Stopped in France for fuel at one airport in 25Kts, gusting 45. Had to reverse into the pumps.

It was like being trapped in tumble dryer all day. The views of the sunset over the Pyrenees were fantastic though.

Gypsy_Air
30th Jun 2009, 17:47
And how was the return journey ???http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Fabulous. :E We caught a lift home on a private jet with one of Biggles99's business associates. What a weekend! :D

Nigd3
1st Jul 2009, 10:07
In an Alouette 3 around the Swiss Alps for a few hours on a gloriously sunny day. The north face of the Eiger was very impressive and scary looking. Flying down a glacier valley was good fun.
Had a nice mountain top landing in the snow but unfortunately couldn't settle as the skis weren't fitted.

Excellent flight and certainly the most memorable one I have ever done.