PDA

View Full Version : Ark Royal Phantoms and Buccaneers

FB11
30th Jun 2009, 12:44
If you want a break from the numerous current ops books, Phoenix Squadron (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phoenix-Squadron-Rowland-White/dp/0593054504/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246365357&sr=1-1)by Rowland White (Vulcan 607) is an excellent read..

With the continuing debate on CVF and JCA, the book gives an historic perspective of a very up to date and almost identical issue. Many of the themes (cost, inter service rivalry etc) are all in there.

The ability to project a persistent and capable offensive force and the wide range of effects it can have screams at you from the pages.

A book full of detail that really brings to life conventional fixed wing operations at sea. I even learned a great deal about a part of the world I had previously struggled to pinpoint on a map.

£5,500 salary to be the Governor of British Honduras and an official Austin Princess staff car. I'm in.

I grew up wanting to fly a Buccaneer but by the time I joined the wrong service had them...

This book made me want to wind the clock back and start my flying training 20 years earlier than I did.

Guern
30th Jun 2009, 22:10
Read this book whilst of holiday a few weeks back and it was very interesting. I was only 3 at the time the whole belize thing kicked off so didn't know about this bit of history.:D

Widger
30th Jun 2009, 22:26
FBII how nice to hear from you. You need to spend much more time on these forums spreading your wisdom gained from experience. In the light of the Liberal agenda of the BBC and the IRRC (Liberals) you are needed more than ever. Spread the gospel....yes I am very very drunk!

Gainesy
30th Jun 2009, 22:29
This book made me want to wind the clock back and start my flying training 20 years earlier than I did.

It wanted me to get me money back...