PDA

View Full Version : A310 Indian Ocean

Joker 10
30th Jun 2009, 11:16
Early reports another Airbus has crashed into the sea near the Comoros Islands in the Indian Ocean with 147 lives lost.

This is a very sad event.

The Mr Fixit
30th Jun 2009, 11:22
It is a sad event but apparently it is A310, lets wait till more info comes out before surmising about the cause

cwc
1st Jul 2009, 03:53
I think its interesting to note that it has gotten less than half the media attention that air france did

teresa green
1st Jul 2009, 05:13
I am with CWC, why not the interest? Is it because most of us almost expect any aircraft serviced in what is basically the third world, to eventually fall apart due to poor servicing and engineering, or the fact that the PAX come from the same region (third world) and therefore don't mind as much to ending up in the ocean, as much as us educated, overfed, and overpampered white anglo saxons, never fails to amaze me. :confused::confused:

prospector
1st Jul 2009, 07:59
teresa green,
What a set of circumstances you get amazed over.

I would have thought it was because the circumstances are completely different, one from FL370 with no known problems until it turned to custard,

The other during a missed approach in "very bad weather".

Re ethnicity, a goodly number of pax on both flights were French citizens, but that is of no relevance as to causes.

"as much as us educated, overfed, and overpampered white anglo saxons,"

Speak for yourself, I would suggest a good diet and more rigorous exercise regime if that is your opinion of yourself.

OZBUSDRIVER
1st Jul 2009, 10:51
One 14yo girl survived! Now THAT is amazing!

teresa green
1st Jul 2009, 13:04
Prospector, if that aircraft had gone in just off SFO, it would have almost put Michael Jackson off the front page (just) but it didn't, it went in in a fairly remote area of Africa (to us anyway) you will be lucky to find it on page 5 in most newpapers, except for the fact of the amazing survival of the young girl, in a few more days and a few more photos of grieving relatives, you will lucky to find it at all. Why, simply because it is dismissed as a poorly maintained aircraft, with a possible poorly trained crew, and is not a major player in world aviation. Regardless of where the PAX came from, if they had been travelling on BA, SQ, UA, TE, etc or God forbid QF, there would have been a hell of a outcry and rightly so, thats my point, the loss of innocent people in a aircraft is a tragedy, regardless if its Aero Fred or BA, regardless if they are black, pink or yellow with orange spots, but the comparison in world media sticks out like dogs b$lls when a aircraft goes in in Africa, to one in Europe or the USA so I am simply asking why, it still bloody well hurts when you hit the ocean, and hurts even more if you hit the deck, but to the worlds journo's it matters little if you happen to be in a third world country, and that says a lot about how we all think, sad, is it not.