PDA

View Full Version : BCAR Section L Cat X & Cat R notes

whirlygiggs096
29th Jun 2009, 16:12
Hi all,
Does anyone know where i can aquire a set of Cat X & Cat R BCAR section L study notes ? (electronic copies are preferred but hard copy is ok)
cheers for you help

spannersatcx
29th Jun 2009, 18:13
Not sure there'll be much about as section L finished a few years back, after the introduction of part 66 licences. X and R no longer exist in EASA land, it's B1 or B2.

I stand to be corrected of course.

NutLoose
30th Jun 2009, 10:20
Section L is still up and running and you can add to it still,

Indeed I hold both and my Section L is renewed by the CAA for free as they deem the fact that I pay for my Part 66 as enough and will not penalise me twice for having to hold 2 licences to do my job. you need Section L for the likes of DC3 DC4 DC6 etc that have now come back off the part 66 licences as well as all of those that never went on it in the first place like chippies, Stearmans etc.

Though I do feel for a certain company in the UK operating the big heavys that had to convert their engineering all over to part 145 and all of their Engineers over to it, including no doubt removing limitations LALA Land put on their licences, for it to all to change back again under a year later and it all go back to the CAA approvals............. I bet that cost and there must be a compensation case somewhere in that lot!!

farcical isn't it.