PDA

View Full Version : CHC has no clue how to operate in Africa!

Damager
28th Jun 2009, 06:15
CHC GO, "the biggest helicopter company in the world" has no clue how to operate in Africa. Not only are they affraid to operate out of Africa but they treat their employees like ****! The entire crew in Angola is about to resign, some are joining SonAir and others are going to their former companies. To top it off, CHC Africa is now being run by a dutch man called "Cees my ass", he has no HR skills and thinks he can fly from base to base waving his negative magic wand around. What a jerk! Who hired this guy in the first place????:ugh:

Any imput from the rest of the guys in Chad, EQ, Angola & other?

Time to find another job, another company that will look after us and not ask you to call them once home to find out if you still have a job and then they give you 2 weeks notice. Bastards....

froggy_pilot
30th Jun 2009, 10:29
if you post this in rotorheads section, you will get plenty replies :E

http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads-23/

Cave Troll
30th Jun 2009, 11:58
Well Damager I see you have not got much in the way of replies. I also work for a sh1tty outfit. So I can sympathise. I fly fix wing but don't hold that against me. The fact is crappy management really makes it tough to get on with the job. So in support of our frustrations with your employer and and mine, and for all those who work for @rseholes here is the peverbial "FINGER" to them all.

Have a great day.

ct

unstable load
30th Jun 2009, 17:41
Damager,

CHC Africa no longer exists, it was sold off last year.
Angola is closing (as far as CHC is concerned) due to Sonair wanting to go it alone, so the crew there may well be resigning to stay on with Sonair, considering the prospects within the rest of the group at present.
As for your Dutchman Cees, sorry mate, Can't help you there- we have our own one where I work.
2 weeks notice was part of the deal when I signed on, so presumably it was with you too. The bit about having to phone in to hear if you have a job sounds not nice, but I'm assuming you are in Nigeria, then it is understandable as the whole circus there could fall down at a moment's notice from what I have heard. Go to Rotorheads and read the What's New in West Africa thread and you will see it's par for the course in Naija.

Take care and good luck with the hunting, it's a scary thing to be contemplating in this climate.

flareout BC
1st Jul 2009, 10:03
Please, indulge me, God bless you. I'm not a pilot and live in Benin City; info I usually get is sort of stale. But conventional wisdom is that a company their size is good news for the local economy. If CHC's dumb, then I suppose the Ibrus, who arent, should be prodded perhaps by Demuren, to re-negotiate with them? In a sense even folks at Arik and Virgin Nigeria have an interest in the success of chopper ops in Nigeria?

ROTARARY
8th Jul 2009, 15:04
Damager,

It is not just Africa. CHC's contemptuous treatment of its field crew is equally well developed in all corners of the globe. It is a culture bred well above "Cees my arse". Brian Clegg, the most moronic Manager of them all has spread his culture of disastrous staff relations throughout his pathetic middle management. CHC's reliance on these clowns without regard to the field crew (the only CHC employees who have a clue what they are doing), will of course eventually lead to the demise of CHC. And the morons will never even know why.........

Very_Low_and_Fast
10th Jul 2009, 08:00
Damager,

CHC never wanted to be in Africa. They inherited Africa operations when they bought parent companies. But for their rescue, bean counters in First Reserve have already decided. Africa operations will be closed at the end of each contract and no renewals will be made.

http://www.pprune.org/african-aviation/303257-chc-africa-closing-down-5.html