PDA

View Full Version : what about non airline jobs

cooper1976
27th Jun 2009, 19:18
Possibly not the best forum so i appologise if not.
My personal feeling is flying for living is the most important thing to me and not necessary airlines.
i admit i do want to earn decent money within reason but i wondered what the oppprtunities were for new qualified pilots like i will be in about a year hopefully, if i was to look at cargo or small business jet e.t.c

any feedback would be great, thanks

Flintstone
27th Jun 2009, 19:48
cooper, fantastic idea. Once you're settled in you should sell the idea to PPRuNe. They could have a forum called something like, ohhhhhhhhh I dunno. 'BizJets, Ag Flying, GA etc' perhaps? Maybe another called 'Freight Dogs'? The world could be your lobster Rodders! ;):O

Ok, just teasing. I know nothing about freight but can't imagine the minimum requirements would be any less than passenger ops except maybe at the very small end of the market, piston aircraft and the like. Not many such operators around the UK though.

Bizjets? Why do people always think that bizjets are easier to fly or more likely to take on low-timers when it's often one area where you need prior experience so as to free up some capacity for all the additional tasks you'll have to take care of because (unlike an airline) you don't have company staff downroute.

You're dead right though, the flying is way more interesting than A to B to D to A ad nauseum but in some ways it can be harder to get into. The real trick is getting to know people as most jobs are filled by word of mouth. You could do worse than to start frequenting the Bizjet forum. An hour or two searching old threads will tell you all you need to know.

Good luck.

PS You have mail.