PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest ICAO to JAA conversion

Warlock1
27th Jun 2009, 17:24
Hi all
I searched the forum but couldnt find anything. I have an ICAO (Canadian) CPL with Multi IR. Have written and passed my ATPL exams in UK. Now inorder to get a JAA license, I gotta do do some flights and check rides. My question is which country in Europe can I do this in cheapest way. Really dont care where the license is issued from so long as its JAA. Can you guys recommend any country or flight schools that I can check out?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thx

redout
27th Jun 2009, 17:46
The old saying "You Get What You Pay For" comes to mind here. The IR is possibly the most important part of your flight training. Simple free advice would be not to go for an option just because its the cheapest one. Check out different schools and go for the one which you think will give you the best instruction.

jxc
27th Jun 2009, 21:06
Try searching google for lasors 2009 should be in there or at the CAA website

Warlock1
28th Jun 2009, 08:55
Thanks for your replies. Lasors only lists the UK flight schools and couple in Spain. So far the UK schools are the most expensive ones in Europe that do this.

GBB
28th Jun 2009, 11:48
Hey,

You will have to do your CPL in UK or any CAA approved FTO, there are few in the US, Spain and even Australia got one. (Unless you get written approval to do it in any other JAA state).
IR/ME conversion can be done in any JAA state. I think south of Europe would be the cheapest and you can probably finish fast (weather) and find some cheap accom. if you going to do this in the winter.
You might try to look for something in Eastern Baltic coutries but I dont think there will be too many schools to choose from.

Good Luck.

flybyshark
29th Jun 2009, 10:12
Friend of mine converted his kiwi icao in Spain early this year, not sure which school but he is from UK and chose to go there instead and converted CPL Me/IR after doing atpls with Bristol Ground school.