PDA

View Full Version : KAL

ladoods
27th Jun 2009, 17:14
Hi guys,
I am thinking of joining KAL for its base in LAX... any advise I will appreciate.
Currently I am with emirates, but I have to leave the middle east.
thank you

portquartercv67
30th Jun 2009, 15:33
check your PM

Fred Garvin M.P.
1st Jul 2009, 07:32
If you are hired as a contract FO at Korean, can you ever expect to upgrade there while on an FO contract? If so, what is the average length of time in the right hand seat? What is base rate for the 777 and the 74-4? Anyone care to comment on how the commute is from the states?

Thanks!!

Saltaire
1st Jul 2009, 07:45
Don't even think about it, I repeat, don't even think about it. End of story. You go there in the left seat; period. If you think EK is bad, it's in a different class for an FO there. Forgeta bout it.

azlee_19
1st Jul 2009, 14:39
right hand seat u mean

faheel
1st Jul 2009, 20:33
azlee he means you either go into a left seat position or do not go at all, I would definately concur :)

GoForIt
2nd Jul 2009, 01:37
I know some guys who went there as Captains, one on the B737 and one on the 777. I know one guy (a highly experienced captain with an excellent reputation at my previous carrier) who bought the 777 type rating and didn't make it through training. I've heard the failure rate is quite high. The guys who have made it through seemed happy, but I haven't talked to any of them lately.

If anyone can shed any further light on the failure rate, that would be interesting.

Brave heart
2nd Jul 2009, 03:21
"You do as you are told"... Simple as that. The same is expected if you join any other airline. The sooner you adopt the KAL's SOP the better you are and yes, focus on the reason(s) that prompt you to join KAL. This is probably the best commuting contract available on the market today.

tcasguy
4th Jul 2009, 21:01
Hi.

I'm looking for information on the rostering at the out stations. Could someone please comment on the "rumors" that you start and end your flying at your "base" (LAX, SYD, etc...) and this avoids the commute problems. Any information is greatly appreciated.