PDA

View Full Version : 744 TE Flap Travel Times

NSEU
27th Jun 2009, 08:14
Hi, folks.
Would anyone have the approximate travel times (on ground with normal supply of hydraulics, pref ADP's) of the TE flaps, particularly from the Flap 5 detent to the 1 detent?

During retraction I read in the manual that the Group B LE flaps start retracting at 4 1/2 units of TE travel. I assume Group B LE's still beat the TE flaps to the up position by a good margin.

If the lever is at 1 unit, do LE or TE flaps move from their current positions if you sit the flap lever halfway between the 1 and 5 gate?

Tried looking for similar postings without success (not so strange considering the request :}) .

Thanks.
Cheers.
NSEU

NSEU
28th Jun 2009, 06:33
particularly from the Flap 5 detent to the 1 detent?

Found an answer to this one. 32 seconds :)

spannersatcx
28th Jun 2009, 08:42
I would suggest you check your source, 32s from 5 to 1 seems rather excessive, when from 0 to 30 should take from 40-55s v.v.

NSEU
28th Jun 2009, 11:38
I would suggest you check your source, 32s from 5 to 1 seems rather excessive, when from 0 to 30 should take from 40-55s v.v.

I should have mentioned that this was in the air (recorded by a 744 pilot). Actually, I'm wondering if this would assist times (I guess EDP's and ADP's running wouldn't hurt, either).

Thanks, Spanners.
Cheers.
NSEU