PDA

View Full Version : Summer work experience

F/O UFO
26th Jun 2009, 15:24
Hi, now the summer is upon us I am looking to do some work experience before I start training later this year/ next year. My local airport is Southampton (EGHI) but I could manage getting to Heathrow. I am looking to do some work that is related to flight crew/ ops or mabye atc. Should I e-mail the airlines and NATS and in what kind of capacity am I likely to get some work?
Any help much appreciated

flyhighspeed300
28th Jun 2009, 16:16
I am near bournemouth EGHH, and evrywhere is full for pilots i tell you!!!, been looking for the same idea as you for a year. i have been trying your idea for ages. also NATs is't worth it, i no people who work their, and if it would be worth i would have been able to do it. + you need to sort out all the secuity stuff as well, which can take over 6months!!!

if you have got any idea, let me no and i will do the same.

also if you look on pprune i have got a thing going between doing a FIC(R) and doing an renewal of my IR rating.

disco87
28th Jun 2009, 16:57
Good luck, I tried the same sort of thing at Edinburgh however nothing came of it at all.

Hope things work out better for you though.

Bambe
29th Jun 2009, 00:59
EZY cabin crew mate... Terrible job but good expereince for your career. Good money as well