PDA

View Full Version : TCX12k Delayed Indefinitely?

allymc316
26th Jun 2009, 10:56
hey,

My sister and her husband are flying to sanford today from belfast. they have checked in at the airport but have been told the flight has been delayed indefinatly. the flight number is: TCX12K

Would indefinatly not mean it has been cancelled? they are being given very little information. I am wondering does anyone know whats up?

thanks in avance
Allymc316

Envoy320
27th Jun 2009, 12:42
charter flights in general, never get cancelled unlike scheduled flights.

indefinately means exactly that....they have no idea if or when they can fix the broken aircraft or find a suitable replacement aircraft to sub-charter.

it happens.....unfortunately.

Envoy320
30th Jun 2009, 15:34
so....what was the eventual delay.....a couple of hours or days....?

allymc316
30th Jun 2009, 21:55
Envoy320,

thanks for your response. I have been busy and havent had a chance to get on the forums recently.

They were 7 hours 20 minutes delayed. Eventually departed at 20:30. Better late than never. They got £5 per head food voucher during the day so at least they got fed. Could have been worse

At least I have learned what an indefinite delay is! :}

thanks again :ok:
Allymc316

big.al
1st Jul 2009, 12:58
Try being delayed 23hrs 45mins outbound to Larnaca (Eurocypria from MAN) or 27hrs 50 mins inbound from Arrecife (Jet2 to MAN) and you'll have a better idea what an indefinate delay feels like! (I had both)...:sad:

pax britanica
1st Jul 2009, 15:33
rustrating experience sorry they had to go through it. leads me to wonder what longest delay anyone has experienced is.
In a lifetime of flying as SLF my record is 73 hours on BA - we were admittedly stranded in the Seychelles but for thse without hotel rooms it wa no fun at all ( I was a lucky one, the guesthouse we were in never released the rooms until they saw the BA flight leave if they didnt have incoming bookings so we didnt go through the lottery of 700 pax inbound, transit and outbound) on an island with 80 spare rooms

PB