PDA

View Full Version : malware?

Private jet
26th Jun 2009, 09:14
The last couple of days something a bit odd has been happening when using web browser (IE). When using a search engine the list of search results displays fine, then sometimes (but not always) when selecting one of those results i'm not linked to the requested page but to another "search" page instead although, curiously, the URL displayed in the Internet Explorer window at the top is the correct one for the website i wanted to visit!! Also, occasionally i'm getting a balloon message popping up saying that the window had to be closed but Internet Explorer "recovered the tab" and i carry on as normal. My virus scanner (SuperAntiSpyware...usually very effective) is up to date and a complete system scan reveals nothing. I know something is not right....should i remove/install IE? will this cause "interface" problems with other software as i'm using IE8.........Any ideas? TIA.

P.Pilcher
26th Jun 2009, 09:39
Scan it with the free version of Malwarebytes: www.malwarebytes.org (http://www.malwarebytes.org) I have occasionaly found that Malwarebytes picks up something that superantispyware misses and vice versa.

P.P.

stickyb
26th Jun 2009, 11:46
I would second the reply above, and would also advise you to get a decent anti virus program.

SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition is 100% Free and will detect and remove thousands of Spyware, Adware, Malware, Trojans, KeyLoggers, Dialers, Hi-Jackers, and Worms. SUPERAntiSpyware features many unique and powerful technologies and removes spyware threats that other applications fail to remove.

SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition does not include real-time blocking or scheduled scanning.