PDA

View Full Version : JAR-FCL questions

a.carneiro
25th Jun 2009, 19:15
Hello guys! This is one for the European lot :)

Now that the JAA has closed down, who is it that is responsible for the JAR-FCL implementation and clearing any doubts?

I am currently working and living in the UK, but am a Portuguese national with a PPL issued by the Portugal CAA (INAC) in 1999.
I am considering progressing my career in the airline industry, and given my circumstances I would probably have to do all the ATPL examinations in the UK over the course of the next few months.
After that, I would very much like to move back to Portugal.

Is it possible for me to pass all the relevant theory examinations in the UK and then get some sort of equivalency for the Portuguese examinations so that I can do all the flying time in Portugal and complete my ATPL qualification there?

Also, when my Portuguese ICAO (Pre-JAR) PPL was converted to the "new" license I was given a restriction that states that I can only fly Portuguese-registered aircraft in Portuguese airspace.
How can I lift this restriction? Will this necessarily need to be done by INAC or can the UK CAA (for example) lift this restriction after I've met the necessary criteria?

redbar1
25th Jun 2009, 20:17
Hi,

I can only answer the first of your 3 questions, the last two you have to direct to INAC, as they will decide on them.

After the closure of JAA, and more important, the closure of the "Cyprus Arrangements" being the foundation for mutual recognition, the situation is this:

All member states are supposed to declare bi-lateral recognition, to effectively keep "business as usual", while we await EASA to get going on their Part FCL, Part OPS, Part AR and Part OR. In the mean time, the LIST, MEST and OPST standardisation visits are going on, based on Memorandums of Understanding between EASA and each member state, that EASA is performing these visits on behalf of the (non-existent) JAA.

Sooo, for all practical purposes: Business as usual.

Cheers, and best of luck withyour plans!
Redbar1

a.carneiro
25th Jun 2009, 22:25
Thanks for your reply :)

I suppose I'll just have to brave the unfathomable pits of bureaucracy and not-giving-a-**** that is the INAC.
If I'm not back in 12 hours, call the search parties! ;)