PDA

View Full Version : impressed or what

coley chaos
25th Jun 2009, 13:27
Two nights running now..Low level up our valley..Chinook very low level at 01.15ish...things were vibrating.... so must of been good and low!!

Very late Friday evenings and very early Saturday mornings (01.00ish) Hercules and most nights in between.

One night last week very very low SeaKing up the valley on NVGs i guess.

Its like center of the helicopter universe at the momment down our way!! Going to have to start sleeping on the balcony to watch you all, instead of running upstairs in the dark!!

Very impressed with the low level night work..keep it up boys and girls.

Coley...from a valley in Dorset.

ps. daughter of mine txt me to ask what were the 6 grey jets in formation Yeovilton way? Forthcoming Air day stuff, or anyone know?

ZH875
25th Jun 2009, 13:45
Well I for one am not impressed........

......They didn't come by my house.:(

Mind you, thanks to the BBMF Lanc crews last weekend, It flew past at a couple of hundred feet about 50 yards away from the house. Nostalgia just gets better.:ok:

spheroid
25th Jun 2009, 18:53
Are you in the Cerne Valley or the Piddle...? Doesn't really matter as both valleys are known as "Rounds route 1" when it comes to NVG routes.....

The jets are setting up for Airday - 11th July....Tickets selling fast.

lampeterexile
25th Jun 2009, 21:21
Regular occurence of Herc's flying over Lampeter in the dark. Best time to view Lampeter, come to think about it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

MrBernoulli
26th Jun 2009, 12:09
Shouldn't this be over at Spectators Balcony (Spotters Corner)?

coley chaos
29th Jun 2009, 10:54
Thanks for the info Spheroid,

I am west of Dorchester by 6 miles, near to Cerne Abbas, but one valley over. Had confirmation from my original post that it was 6 Hawks for the Yeovilton Air Day, which i will be eating ice creams at.

Any one whos night flying and follows the River Frome Valley then watch out for a balcony wave nearby the church!!!

best regards to all in the forces.

Coley.:ok:

coley chaos
29th Jun 2009, 11:41
oh...i forgot the 2 low level Pumas at 16.30ish Thursday!

Coley