PDA

View Full Version : SEP Revalidation

redout
24th Jun 2009, 22:30
Just want to make sure I understood Jar-Fcl 1 correct on this.

It states that as one of the 3 options to revalidate:

(ii) within the 12 months
preceding the expiry of the rating
complete 12 hours flight time in a single
engine piston aeroplane or touring
motor glider including:
(A) 6 hours of pilot-incommand
time;
(B) 12 take-offs and 12
landings; and
(C) a training flight of at
least one hour’s duration with a
FI(A) or CRI(A). This flight may
be replaced by any other
proficiency check or skill test.

So one does not need to do a check with an examiner once they meet the above requirements ? If this is correct do you just then send your license and logbook to the Caa for them to change the expiry date of your SEP ?

redbar1
24th Jun 2009, 22:42
Hi,

Short answer to your question: Yes, you are correct. :ok: Just do the 6 hrs, 12 takeoffs/landings, and the 1 hr instruction flight (or any other PC/ST), and you are home free. Then to the paperwork:

Just how to enter the new expiry date for your SEP-rating physically/administratively speaking, differs between JAA states. Some states will allow for you to take your logbook with the hrs/lndgs/instruction flight, and find an examiner who can then enter the new expiry date. Some member states will insist you send your paperwork to them for entering the new date. And some states will allow both. So you will just have to find out what administrative procedures are in place in your state. :bored:

Cheers,
Redbar1

redout
24th Jun 2009, 22:52
Thanks for clearing that up.

Nashers
25th Jun 2009, 03:39
redout, i see you in the UK. ive just gone through all this last month.

if you meet the requirments that you already know about, all you have to do is find an examiner (like your local flying clubs CFI) and ask them to sign your licence. they will do some paperwork as well and send it off to the CAA. your licence does not need to go anywhere.

its called re validate by experiance.

BEagle
25th Jun 2009, 07:37
Once you have met all the revalidation requirements, if you are talking about the UK then you must take your licence, logbook and Form SRG\1119 to an Examiner within the last 3 months of the Rating validity period!

That is an unfortunate CAA error; JAR-FCL states that you can have your licence signed any time in the last 12 months for a further 24 months from the rating expiry date, but when the ANO was drafted, the CAA cocked-up and confused the 'last 3 months' applicable to revalidation by LPC with revalidation 'by experience'.....:rolleyes:

You should not be charged anything for a simple signature in the licence by an Examiner; if you are, then name and shame!

EIPCW
25th Jun 2009, 11:45
I allowed my SEP rating expire without having it signed by an examineer within the 3 month window. Even though I had the required experience for it to be re-validated just never got that all important signiture, I'm now in a situation in which I'll have to sit the skills test again.

Has anybody ever tried contacting the CAA an ask for the "3 month validity period" to be lifted?

Keygrip
25th Jun 2009, 14:34
Dream on, EIPCW.

That would mean the CAA would have to admit that they make mistakes - and they never do. They simply change the rules to cover their errors.

Makes them look as though they know what they are doing - well, at least to the public.