PDA

View Full Version : MK Airlines is free again!!

Cheekyflyboy
24th Jun 2009, 20:39
Finally out of administration! Onward and upward. To all who supported THANKS!!

CentreFix25
24th Jun 2009, 20:56
:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

zimoke
24th Jun 2009, 21:23
Well Done Guys!!!!

Metro man
25th Jun 2009, 08:05
With the current economic downturn having caused a massive fall off in aircargo, and oil prices well clear of the $40 a barrel low of recent memory, it won't be plain sailing.

Prehaps a good time to re-equip with more modern fuel effecient aircraft and position for the upturn, as long as they can ride out the present depressed market.

747Comet
25th Jun 2009, 09:44
Great news for all at MK, Well done.

Whitehatter
25th Jun 2009, 10:45
Good luck to them. NCA recently said the Ad Hoc market is where the profit is at the moment so maybe the beginning of the upturn will mean MK prospers/

Bruce Wayne
25th Jun 2009, 10:59
Congrats to all on the team getting MK going again.

Kabullet
26th Jun 2009, 10:39
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

charter man
26th Jun 2009, 16:08
Does anyone know who MK actually belong to? Their directors are given as

Dr Abdullah Alanizi - Chairman
Mike Kruger - Managing Director
David Tattum - Director
Syed Rizvi - Director
Loay Jolag - Director/Company Secretary

Apart from Mike Kruger, does anyone know who these other guys are and their experience of running a UK charter airline?

What changes have they made to change their business model so they don't go bust again?

What did the creditors get out of the CVA?

sa4200
30th Jun 2009, 08:20
Well done guys as the saying goes " when the going gets tough the tough get going"

Exup
30th Jun 2009, 08:50
Charterman give them a chance they have only been out of administration for 6 days & I am sure that the High Court & the Administration Company must be satisfied with their plans & new investment or they would not be here now.
Good Luck to them its just good to see someone in this industry with some good news for once.

charter man
1st Jul 2009, 16:50
Unless you are a creditor?

timmermc
1st Jul 2009, 17:19
This is great news to hear, go go go MK :ok:

GlueBall
2nd Jul 2009, 08:41
"Prehaps a good time to re-equip with more modern fuel effecient aircraft. . . "

. . . as easy as going down the aisle of a supermarket and "adding to the cart" several B744Fs and B772Fs . . .sitting on overstocked shelves. :ok:

ScootCargoOps
2nd Jul 2009, 14:55
Do we know who’s going to be supporting their Africa services JNB, EBB, LOS etc? Panalpina??

Mafferick
5th Jul 2009, 17:22
Now that a lot of 767-300s wil become free for convertion, it could be a good option for MK

the 767-300 was also mentioned by Mike Kruger earlier

ken

penally
8th Jul 2009, 19:26
:D...except for flightcrew who have yet to be paid this month.

411A
8th Jul 2009, 19:49
Yeah, great..
...except for flightcrew who have yet to be paid this month. ...Not to mention the previous crew on 747 types with this same aircarrier, who could not get the airplane airbourne, in the required regulated distance.

Needs improvement, me thinks.
Dog poo in, dog poo out, seems to be the modus operandi with MK....at least in the recent past.

Maintenance is one thing, operational experience with aircraft FD crew is quite another...:rolleyes:

oldlowandslow
9th Jul 2009, 15:28
Right with you Charterman. Too many kenya cowboys in my industry. Lets hope the revamped MK can show us how it should be done.

dsp1285
10th Jul 2009, 09:57
Revamped, same old same me thinks......
Lets ask, have the pilots been paid yet? :ugh:

Bartholomew
11th Jul 2009, 00:45
411A "......Not to mention the previous crew on 747 types with this same aircarrier, who could not get the airplane airbourne, in the required regulated distance......"

Not a clever comment, considering how many other carriers have had the same event happen to them, before and after, and only got away with it because there wasn't a great big earth berm sitting at the end of the runway.

Disrespectful.

They've made it through a tough year of Administration - and come out on the other side. I seriously doubt they would've been allowed to exit if the administrators, courts, banks and new financier hadn't been suitably impressed with their future proposals?

Your snide comment smacks of ill-placed judgement. :yuk:

Charter man makes a good point however... have they changed their whole outlook (and I'm talking management now). If they continue to pursue the same avenues of business with the same old guys calling the shots, the end result appears inevitable. Back into Poo-Alley (it's around the corner from Poo-tree and Poo-bridge! :bored: )

penally
11th Jul 2009, 08:31
Day 11, no money. But we've been told it's on the way... What did somebody once tell me, ' MK, a General Aviation company dressed up as an Airline.

superspotter
11th Jul 2009, 10:10
...and the word is they are about to get two more tired old sheds, ex AAI.

GlueBall
12th Jul 2009, 10:32
Hey, superspotter . . . are those in MK livery? . . . still parked at KUL-Subang [SZB] aerodrome? The ex BA -236 birds with junk engines peddled by the Bullfinch boys at HKG?

superspotter
13th Jul 2009, 09:24
Correct machines but I dont know who's colours Bullfinch have painted them in this week:)

Lamb Shank
14th Jul 2009, 08:52
Day 14....no money...just a sucking sound of our accounts being drained...

penally
14th Jul 2009, 09:30
I'll second that. 'All monies have now been transferred'...where from, Middle Earth ?????

GlueBall
14th Jul 2009, 13:01
How could you guys be wanting to work for a billy goat slave driver who had sent his crews on multi stop, round-robin flights across the pond. . . ? Are you expecting full pay from an outfit that was too cheap to position crews and pay for hotels . . . ? :eek:

penally
14th Jul 2009, 16:30
You're absolutely right, MK is a heap of s**t, not like Air France, DHL, Ryanair or any U.S. carrier you care to mention. So yes, actually I do expect to get paid. By the way, I also wanted to do Cindy Crawford...unfortunately that didn't work out either.

dsp1285
14th Jul 2009, 18:43
Still no pay on day 14, I hope the crews still working put a halt to the flying programme until such time as they do get paid......

Lamb Shank
14th Jul 2009, 20:14
STRIKE....STRIKE....STRIKE...! That's all these MF's will understand! Don't believe for one minute the "investors" want to save it.

hydroplane
15th Jul 2009, 11:15
No sign of MK being back to normal business on the site of the off. UK registry Companies House (http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk) ! They are still under
Voluntary Arrangement!?
Did anyone "hear" the judges decision on the 24th of June? Are they really free or is it just a big joke?

Exup
15th Jul 2009, 13:11
No not a Joke, out of admin

Lamb Shank
15th Jul 2009, 14:48
Out of Administration but still a big joke in the industry.

charter man
15th Jul 2009, 16:19
I cannot believe that in this over-regulated, nanny state a company is allowed to exit administration and then not be able to pay their crews (and maybe the rest of the staff at the end of the month?) AND to continue to tread the same well-worn path that led them into administration in the first place.
We all know that the regulators look at these forums, c'mon guys what about some positive action here?

zfwmac
15th Jul 2009, 16:36
So nothing changes with MK then? Spent the last 18 or so years raping the cargo industry and reaping the benefit for a few. Go back to the original post on this thread, C'mon Cheekyflyboy, CentreFix25, zimoke et all, so full of praise for this cowboy outfit and where are you now? Time for reality and to read the more recent posts of the guys getting shafted. Day 15 and still not paid for going the extra mile to keep the outfit going. Thats what they think of the troops had some belief in them. A sorry state of affairs indeed. I admit I never had time for the airline but feel for those who have mortgages to pay and families to support.

charter man
15th Jul 2009, 19:38
Maybe the fact the the finance guy at MK has bailed out this week is a telling move? Apparently he took his bonus for getting through adminstration and now on to pastures new....

Lamb Shank
15th Jul 2009, 23:04
And business as usual in the horse trade. There are people suffering major financial hardships yet the "Managing Director" seems untouched by all. The "manor" ticks on as if no bother. How can one flaunt so much excess whilst his loyal minions suffer untold burden? Where is justice? Where is right?

penally
15th Jul 2009, 23:26
It's called Feudalism. Anybody heard from the Chief Pilot...or is that a stupid question?

Lamb Shank
16th Jul 2009, 09:33
Day 16. No pay. Word now is monies were never transferred despite what was said. Why is anyone flying?

penally
16th Jul 2009, 19:27
Received the mail; seems we're back in business...for now.

Wireless
21st Jul 2009, 10:42
...and the word is they are about to get two more tired old sheds, ex AAI.

If MK are taking on a couple of extra aircraft, do you know it there are any plans to take back some of the crew they laid off then?

Lambrettaman
21st Jul 2009, 11:30
If you are happy to fly for no pay - start tomorrow :)

Wireless
21st Jul 2009, 16:41
Would they not need at least some of their old crew back if they're getting two ex AAI aircraft and therefore start paying people again to get them back?

Exup
23rd Jul 2009, 09:27
Everybody has been paid in full, while it is not correct that people are paid late at least pay has beem forthcoming, which is not always the way in this industry. Intresting to see what happens this month.

Lamb Shank
23rd Jul 2009, 17:06
Yes, everyone has been paid as of now. How can you say pay was not late when one bloke just got his pay yesterday? 3 weeks is late for pay already a month in arrears! And now word is 20% pay cut and will not be on time for the next round of pay either!

dsp1285
23rd Jul 2009, 20:03
Jeepers, Mk really dont deserve to be out of administration...

Lamb Shank
23rd Jul 2009, 22:22
MK employees deserve better. MK management needs to be sacked because they are the ones that botched it. Maybe the MD should consider giving up his 500,000 USD salary along with the COO and DFO. Are they suffering? 20% pay cut will break some blokes! Too bad stupidity does not hurt!

Exup
24th Jul 2009, 10:05
Lamb Shank try reading what I said at no time did I say that people were not paid late, what I stated was that it was wrong that people are dicked around for thier money at least they finally got it which is not always the case in this industry

Tank2Engine
24th Jul 2009, 10:22
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't AOC holders required by the authorities (in MK's case, the UK CAA) to have a certain amount of liquidity? :confused:

Lamb Shank
24th Jul 2009, 11:47
Sorry friend, misread the thread!:ok:

Lambrettaman
24th Jul 2009, 14:03
I understand that with effect from today all ground staff will be paid in proportion to how much flying the aircraft does. This is capped at a 20% reduction on their basic pay but is not capped on the upside if the aircraft flies more hours. Based on what hours the aircraft flew in the period May & June everybody will effectively take a 20% cut in salary unless business improves which is unlikely until probably September at the earliest. The staff have no choice, accept it or leave. (Hardly an investment in the loyal MK staff who have stuck with it through thick and thin!). Am not sure if this revised pay structure effects the aircrew. Not a happy situation.....

carholme
24th Jul 2009, 17:35
Was it not the Belfairs Management Group who, through TransAtlantic, put the money in to get MK up again? I am sure somebody is going to be pissed about their investment.

carholme

sayswho
24th Jul 2009, 18:00
They will continue to screw you for as long as you allow yourselves to be screwed. Your situation is the spitting image of your country’s (Zimbabwe) you are the Changari’s of aviation, the only question remains is how much of a beating are you prepared to endure?
Unforunately best thing here is to take the float devide amongst 3 and park the aircraft wherever you are. The Doc isnt gonna step in until he feels what you are feeling!! Good luck guys was a pleasure while it lasted!!
And to the rest of you that were never there let me tell you they are the best bunch of guys one could work with:D

413X3
25th Jul 2009, 01:30
I wonder if they are too busy paying back the banks to have any money left over for the pilots

hydroplane
25th Jul 2009, 10:05
Why not consult a good solicitor if you have a wages dispute? Take for ex. the advise on: http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/364422-aviation-employment-lawyers-uk.html#post4759858

There you'll find a certain mr Kevin Bodley, maybe he can help? Besides he is the new MK Secretary now... wonder if he drives a BMW?

good luck...

p.s. why so much fuss about 20% Look at what the people who produce the flowers you are flying in are losing: their culture, their society, their water, there hope... and ern about a 1$ a day... watch:
http://cgi.omroep.nl/legacy/player?/ceres/vpro/rest/2009/VPRO_1132917/bb.20090611.asf

and read http://allafrica.com/stories/200907201252.html (http://allafrica.com/stories/200907201252.html)

Lamb Shank
25th Jul 2009, 11:23
Rumour around "The Farm" is one of the VIP crew has refused a flight now. Maybe all the crews should follow this example.

oldfreightdog2
25th Jul 2009, 17:53
What a shame or is that sham. Management can always justify spending money on their projects and in the same breath justify cutting your pay to pay for theirs!! Makes you wonder who they are listening to for all their wisdom. Oh well hang in their boys I'm sure they are looking out for your best interest. Are you sure Frank Lorenzo isn't running this airline. Maybe he has a room in the MD's house??!!

Lamb Shank
25th Jul 2009, 19:57
If everyone (crews) would stick together, perhaps a message would get through to them. The problem I see is too many people are loyal to a fault and will fall on their swords to keep this airline going. Don't fly. Park the plane like the VIP crew did!

Cheekyflyboy
25th Jul 2009, 20:44
80% of a salary is better than 0%. Blackmail or no blackmail. Airlines the world over are culling a lot more people.

MK could have implemented this a tad better though to put it mildly. But hey no HR department so are you suprised!!

A strike would be interseting though... would MK, PP and the Doc listen or would the Doc just shut it down as it is costing him a LOT of money right now.

oldfreightdog2
25th Jul 2009, 23:18
Sounds like somebody wants to let it go broke and sell off the assets. But then again who wants classics?

Exup
26th Jul 2009, 09:43
I have to agree wiht cheekyflyboy 80% of something is better than 100% of nothing while you are busy sending out CV & waiting for replies. If Mk continue in operation until the so called good times return lets hope all the employees not just Aircrew as this affects everyone turn the tables & screw MK for as much as they can get. Maybe then the management might learn the value & necessity of consultation & negotiation with its staff who without their loyalty MK would have been finished before it got started.

onehotflyer
28th Jul 2009, 17:30
Officially, MK doesnt hire any crew, they all contracted to an off shore company. I dont know how but NI contributions, Tax in the UK doesnt apply to them. Guess they can do what they like to the crews salary also.

The Codfather
28th Jul 2009, 19:46
Maybe if Mr Kruger drove between Susex and Manston last week, instead of using a helicopter he could save more than 20% travel costs to help pay crew.

Cost cutting should go all the way to the top, in fact should start at the top and work down!

Good luck to all at MK except the top boss!

Lamb Shank
29th Jul 2009, 12:01
It seems now the 727 is flying with the crew doing the base training in Amman, Jordan! I wonder if that is legal. The Gulfstream Skipper was given his 30 day notice today. Funny the coincidence!

Lamb Shank
29th Jul 2009, 12:37
A couple of us have spoken with a solicitor regarding the 20% pay reduction. According to him, we are actually contracted to Oxford and Anfield Services. We can have this solicitor draw up and file proper paperwork against both these companies for failure of providing proper notice. We may have to pitch in 20 or so GBP each to get this done. If anyone is interested, I have set up an email.

mkpilotgroup at googlemail dot com

If you are interested, please send your inquiries to this address. This is completely confidential and no names or email address will be given out. The administrator of the email account is the sole user. Thanks and good luck. This forum will not accept the normal email address so it is spelled out above.

NutzBoltzandRivetz
29th Jul 2009, 20:38
I don't know if the 'Doc' views these threads,but I'm sure someone close to him does.
Here is an open letter from some of his engineers, maybe those in the know can bring it to is attention.

Dr. Al-Anizi,

We would like to, respectfully, express our concerns over the future of MK Airlines and, ultimately, our livelihoods.

During the period of administration we have offered our unwavering support to the company. We have appreciated your input and efforts in keeping the company in business.

We have been subjected to many promises including new aircraft (747-8F), third party work on various aircraft types and improvements in terms and conditions to mention a few. Many of these we hoped would be honoured.

It was put to us at a meeting called by Mike Kruger at 18.00 hrs on the Friday before the bank holiday, that the company needed a gesture from the workforce to ensure your continued support. It was suggested that an effective pay cut in the form of a 'Performance Related Pay Scheme' would be the way forward. We were told that this would be a voluntary agreement to be entered into on an individual basis. No hard and fast proposal was put forward and no measure of our co-operation taken.

You are, no doubt, aware of the dismay and severe financial hardship that the unannounced imposition of this action is causing to company members.

We are aware of the current world recession, and are further aware that no one owes us a living. We would be behind the efforts that you and your team are putting into saving the company, and understand the need for tight fiscal control, were we consulted.

During a recent meeting with senior managers, many questions were asked about the future of the company and the need for these drastic measures. Answers were not, and are not, forthcoming.

Our fears, and those of other company members, would be allayed if were to have an offical statement from either yourself or Mr. David Tattum giving your assurances for our futures and the direction the company can look forward to taking in the short, medium and long term.

Respectfully yours,
NBandR

The Wheely King
30th Jul 2009, 15:18
I wonder if the Doc is kept up to speed on what is happening in the torrid world of MK.Methinks that if something is not done quickly then his new toys are not going to be ready to play with as there will be nobody who wants to fix them.there is one sure way to annoy and make people leave is to mess their pay around,lessons must be learned and rapidly or it may be a case of ready, steady,GO!!

Lambrettaman
30th Jul 2009, 23:45
I think one needs to be reaslistic that in the current financial climate all airlines, especially cargo ones, are suffering. Even the top guys such as Cargolux are grounding aircraft, so what chance does MK really have flying old -200F's and flying almost exclusively for Panalpina and the odd flight for TAAG. MK don't offer any scheduled cargo services in their own right and if they lost the Panalpina business they would be dead in the water tomorrow. There is too much cargo capacity chasing too little business and the likes of CV,MP,EK will survive this downturn but MK needs to change their business model if they want to have any chance of survival, however much money is thrown at it. I do feel sorry for all the staff and crew who have been loyal throughout and with very little reward for this loyalty so far.:confused:

Zeflo27
31st Jul 2009, 08:09
This is looking like a Midex Airlines thread ! :=

Exup
31st Jul 2009, 18:24
This post is starting to get a stale altough still relevant, a small number of people who are obviously connected with the airline have made comments while the majority of the airlines staff realise that the situation that they are in is not unique within the airline industry at this presnt time & are just trying to make sure that Mk survives(take BA for example). The way that certain things have been implemented are not corrected & the company really needs to look at its policy for dealing with its staff but is coming on to a public forum & airing your grevancies the way to improve things or should the couple of individuals involved who are inciting strike action, law suites & stating that "they are out of there" the way forward. Normally the people who make the most noise about the way management operate are the ones who sit on their hands with their mouths shut when given the oportunity to speak directly to them leaving someone else to fall on their sword. We all have a choice in our careers if your not happy or feel you are getting screwed you know where the door is, vote with your feet if enough people do this it will impact more on MK than all the slagging they are taking on a forum that they probably dont read or care about.

charter man
2nd Aug 2009, 15:09
Companies have shareholders who choose to share the profits (or losses) of the business. These shareholders also have a voice in how the company is run. If I worked for a company and was asked (or in this case told) to change from an agreed fixed salary to a "performance related remuneration package" (or dividend as it is more properly known), then I would be looking for a share in the company.
Aside from the fact that this is a supremely arrogant way to treat people, I reiterate my earlier post that unless MK (and many other businesses like them) change their business model, they are heading for an inevitable end.

Metro man
2nd Aug 2009, 15:44
Exactly

If moving to performance related pay then it's fair to expect to know how much MORE will be given in the good times. Singapore airlines have a variable component to the pay package. At the moment it is worth zero due to the world financial crisis plunging the airline into the red. Effectively a 10% pay cut for the pilots. However during the good times it has been substantial.

Now MK pilots know how much they'll lose on the swings, let them know how much they'll gain on the roundabouts.:hmm:

Lamb Shank
11th Aug 2009, 11:40
9 days and no new posts?! Everyone must be pleased with the pay cut! "The Farm" has been quiet too! Wonder what is happening?

Exup
12th Aug 2009, 10:11
I think "Pleased with the pay cuts" is probably the wrong statement, facing the fact that it has happened is nearer the truth. Other than that buisness as usual. All people can do is hang in there & if the flying increases take the performance related pay increase that has been agreed to by the management. The other option is to move on but as we all know there is not a great deal around at this time.

TheWanderer
12th Aug 2009, 10:52
All people can do is hang in there & if the flying increases take the performance related pay increase that has been agreed to by the management. The other option is to move on but as we all know there is not a great deal around at this time.

There might be another option:
Unite all pilots, talk to the management and negotiate better conditions and payments for all.
The only problem seems to be to unite the pilots and find the right negotiators.

Lambrettaman
12th Aug 2009, 11:57
I don't see how MK could or would agree to 'negotiate better conditions and pay' even if they wanted to when they are clearly losing their arse in the current climate. It's a game of survival at the moment and maybe a reduced salary is better than no salary. Avient have supposedly laid of 6 capts, 3 F/O's, 3 F/E's and 3 Loadmasters today so the future isn't exactly brilliant out there :confused:

TheWanderer
12th Aug 2009, 12:05
It's a game of survival at the moment and maybe a reduced salary is better than no salary.

I totally agree that a reduced salary is better than no salary.
Nevertheless the way it should be done is in making a contract in writing for a limited period of time and confirmed in writing that when the situation has improved, the salaries are returned.

You scratch my back and I scratch yours.

Write it down so it does not get forgotten.

The Codfather
12th Aug 2009, 16:36
It looks like the Doc is rich on paper, but does not show his money!

Once all the debt was gone in the Adminstration then he should put money into fixing the Aircraft he has not keep running down hours and cycles then buying another piece of Junk!

He has very good engineers and staff and he should not be cutting the salary as they are not paid enough as it is to robbing bits from 7 others to keep 3 flying!

One more has just been parked at Bristol to give up its Engines for the cause!

I think with the flying hours now, even if they go over 200 hours to stop paycut they risk grounding aircraft as the last 3 will be due big checks soon

At least MK Helicopter flys ok, and often!

charter man
13th Aug 2009, 17:45
Actually Wanderer, I think you will find the most appropriate maxim in this particular case is "you play ball with me and I'll shove a bat up your arse":E

dionysius
14th Aug 2009, 08:05
Maybe MK should amalgamate with Avient and invest in MD11;s , especially as they both have strong Zim connections :ok:

"Incoming" :rolleyes:

Mr Mugabe
14th Aug 2009, 08:16
Hi guys..........
I have read this thread with interest!
Boy has MK come a long way since the days of Masiamani (don't have a clue how to spell his name sorry) and Kruger.
I jest by the way.
They left Affretair as Mike was never going to be the boss there, like Jack Malloch, his Uncle by the way! Took six mates and started MK.
The M part of the company, I feel the most wise, pulled the pin not too long after the company started. From what I heard did not like the way things were heading, mmmmm, so him and Mike parted ways.
At this stage there were only Zimbo's flying for them, why? Simply because these were the only guys who were offered the jobs, again why? These were the guys who would do it the MK way.
Well it worked for quite a while. The company grew and grew! The conditions never changed........ Every time there was some money it was spent on equipment, either aircraft (not spares or maintenance I hasten to add) or Landhurst.
When the 747's arrived Mike coerced a bunch of Cathay boys to show him "how it was done"! How long did they and the Cathay Ops manual last?
Back to the MK way.
A few prangs along the way were but mere pits in the road! That was until Halifax!
A 747 wreck in a first world country really gets the authorities to sit up and take notice!
So they have to change to the UK Reg and comply with all their rules and regs. Things from here on never seem to get much better, they lost the contract in Kenya, that after the main man there bought the airline to get them out of trouble! Now they are owned by some Dr guy...........

I won't go on........ as I think you get the picture.
All I want to ask is a couple of questions...
1. Why was Mike Kruger never the owner?
2. Did no one ever think that what they were doing was either wrong, stupid and unsafe or all three (except possibly the Cathay boys)
3. Will it ever change.
4. How long has South Africa got before it plummets into ruins like Zimbabwe or will it be different? This for those that live in SA as it relates to the afford-ability of working for MK.

Some will wonder why I typed this post and it for one and only one reason.......

And to the rest of you that were never there let me tell you they are the best bunch of guys one could work with:D

Well said sayswho

:ugh:

charter man
17th Aug 2009, 13:21
Wow - Mad Bob you must have had some time on your hands to type that lot. Mike Kruger and Wally Massimiani started the company when times were good for DC8F's and they didn't like the way Affretair was being "ethinicised" so thought they could do better. Wally realised early on that wasn't going to happen and bailed out.
It never was run democratically and no doubt is not today, however I still question how a bunch of guys can negotiate their way out of administration in the UK and then carry on in exactly the same way. I sincerely hope the CAA and their colleagues in the corridors of power in Westminster are keeping a close eye on developments.
As to the suggestion of an MK/Avient merger, the thought of Messrs Kruger and Smith (and Mad Bob?) sitting round the same boardroom table is somewhat unlikely, to say the least.

Lamb Shank
21st Aug 2009, 22:02
Just got word the two "scabs" who are now flying the G1 were tossed in the brig in Sierra Leone along with the fat guy David Tattum. Two nights as the guests of a West African nation. Management was not saying much about it but I did confirm it with the former G1 Skip who has been getting calls all day from the wives and former co-workers. Seems they want the Dr. and his cronies heads on a platter.

carholme
23rd Aug 2009, 19:05
What some of you should be aware of is Tattum's previous history under the LLoyd Aero Boliviano and TAA file. Charming individual!

carholme

Lamb Shank
24th Aug 2009, 19:50
Date: August 24,2009 Contact Name: Barbara Kelly Address: Abco Kovex Building City: Swords Buiness Park Zip: Co Dublin Province: Swords Country: Ireland Telephone: 35318138400 Fax: 35318138401
Job Information

B747-200 First Officers - Immediate Start - Saudi Arabia

Direct Personnel have an immediate short term vacancy for 7 x B747-200 First Officers. Training will commence in September for 18 days and the contract will start from October 15th until December 31st 2009. You must be available for the full length of the contract to be considered.

Requirements:

JAA/FAA/ICAO Licence
B747-200 Type Rating
Last flight on B747-200 within the last 12 months
Last Simulator Check within the last 12 months
JAA/FAA/ICAO Medical Cert
1500 Hours Total Flying Time
1000 Hours on a commercial Jet Aircraft
500 Hours on B747-200

Lamb Shank
25th Aug 2009, 02:02
Just got word...the bail for the captives is $50,000,000.00 Wonder if the "Doctor" is willing to put that up!?

Fried_Chicken
28th Aug 2009, 01:27
I see a third B742 was due to ferry to Kemble (EGBP) on Wednesday for parking joinging the other two there. However, due to poor weather it was forced to divert to East Mid's (EGNX)

Fried Chicken

snarfel
28th Aug 2009, 10:58
MK Airlines B742F G-MKHA was due to ferry from N'Djamena to Kemble as BGB123 today [26 August] for scrapping, but diverted to East Midlands due to poor weather. It will join G-MKCA & G-MKGA at the Gloucestershire airfield. With G-MKJA stored at Manston & G-MKAA, G-MKDA, G-MKEA & G-MKFA all stored at Bristol/Filton, this only leaves G-MKBA & G-MKKA in service.

(Source: GATWICK ROUNDUP 26-08-09 - UK & N.Ireland Forum - AirSpace (http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace/forums/gatwick-roundup-26-08-09-28428.aspx))

weaselfeatures
29th Aug 2009, 13:16
Good news.

Now lets hope they pay what they owe Filton in rent and stop putting other peoples jobs at risk.

PAY UP NOW. Or are you looking to scarper somewhere else again?

weaselfeatures
29th Aug 2009, 17:20
Yes like Filton for example where they owe thousands in rent now putting other peoples jobs at risk

Lamb Shank
1st Sep 2009, 07:16
Dinosaur=Extinct.

mike21
1st Sep 2009, 15:12
My Dear Carholme, you say David Tattum 'Tattum's previous history under the LLoyd Aero Boliviano and TAA file. Charming individual!

Well all of them are charming individuals, but do remember Mr Tattum is not a thinker but a doer and he is the chairman's go fetcher. Thier must be something about ownership maybe thats why the good Dr Alanizi I mean the big doggy is in the front and he has all his little doggies behind him.
They are all individuals of glowing characters with wonderful CV's just what the Pathologist ordered:
I came across these two
http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-candce/case_no-4:2008cv01343/case_id-201371/ (http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-candce/case_no-4:2008cv01343/case_id-201371/)
http://www.visit-montenegro.com/article1221.htm (http://www.visit-montenegro.com/article1221.htm)

on a simple search heaven knows what you would find if you started digging.

I just hope with all the ups and down in the world and especially closer to home MK employees can keep on drawing a wage.

Keep yr eyes open and your hands grasped together and pray for the best!:mad:

four engine jock
2nd Sep 2009, 07:04
Was on the Ramp yesterday in JNB and saw a World Airways B744 operating for MK Airlines.

jebelcat
2nd Sep 2009, 11:54
I hear EA will be ready middle of September to go into service...

Lambrettaman
2nd Sep 2009, 16:22
MK are wet-leasing a B747-400F (operating OST-LAD tonight) and an MD11F (operating BRU-FIH-JRO-NBO tmrw night) both from World Airways. Must be costing a fortune !

The Codfather
3rd Sep 2009, 17:36
Maybe the World crews will operate for 20% less money!!

As for EA how will leave Filton, by Road?

Fried_Chicken
3rd Sep 2009, 18:58
They should be taking delivery of a "new" B742 in the next few weeks, it should be G-MKLA which I believe is an ex Air Atlanta frame. That should mean that they have 3 'active' aircraft

FC

jebelcat
4th Sep 2009, 08:58
EA...All engines on...ready to rock and roll