PDA

View Full Version : I need an advise CESDA or TOPFLY in spain

adam75
24th Jun 2009, 17:35
hi every body . i m currently deciding which school to go in SPAIN y IR/MEP.
my options are TOPFLY or CESDA. about topfly i know it s a good school i have not heard somebody talking bad about it. but also CESDA seems to be good. but I d like to know somebody who has been there that can tell me something about it...

thank y verymuch

A

pablo
25th Jun 2009, 02:48
hi!

both schools look ok to me. AFAIK, no bad feedback in spanish forum (try cross-posting in Spanish Forum here in pprune)

now... why not have a look to Sabena Flight Academy or AAE from Évora/Portugal?
I worked in both, and although they are not perfect, they deliver good quality students IMHO. And both are part of CAE global training.

Top fly might be a good price/quality choice. :ok:

By all means avoid Airmed and some other Spanish "chiringuitos" :E

all the best,

Pablo

adam75
26th Jun 2009, 03:26
hi Pablo, thank y for your reply I had seen about Sabena but to be honest i m scared that is not fast due to weather condition of belgium..and I also looked at their website but it seems they don t offer modular courses..
I already have my 14 atpl exams given and 200h of flight nedd IR /MEP and it appears they are more oriented to integrated courses..

Elite_13
26th Jun 2009, 18:49
sabena does not do all training in belgium, i think a lot of the training is done in florida... double check on SFA website

adam75
26th Jun 2009, 20:06
yes the point is that i m now in florida and i only need the IR/ME JAA when i m back. do y think they do it?? from the website it seems they don t.

pablo
26th Jun 2009, 20:22
small off-topic: SFA trains their students in Falcon Field/KFFZ, Phoenix, Arizona.
Weather is amazing.

For JAA IR/ME, if it's just the flight training, you can just enquire, but... I guess SFA/AAE will be more expensive than other places.
TBH I missed the part where you clearly say it's just for IR/ME

If it was myself... I would give TOPFLY a try, but that's just me.

CESDA, they have DA42 and Seneca. I don't know how's the dispatch rate of their DA42's but in other schools it's been horrible. If they have student backlog, they will take you in, but you will struggle to fly.
But.. once again, I don't know how's their dispatch rate, and how advanced the students are, it's just an idea.

Kind regards / Pablo