PDA

View Full Version : B206 wirestrike Albury NSW

Squeaks
24th Jun 2009, 10:17
Another wirestrike, but I'm pleased to say the pilot walked away!

Helicopter down at Table Top
23/06/2009 5:08:00 PM

AN Albury pilot is lucky to be alive after crashing his helicopter at Table Top yesterday.
Hugh Acton-Adams, 27, walked away with just minor injuries after his Bell JetRanger clipped powerlines and plunged to the ground.

His father Arnaud Acton-Adams was nearby at the time and was shaken by the incident.

“I just heard a thud,” he said.

“I was loading for him and was in communication with him all the time with a head set.

“It took five minutes (after the crash) before I could contact him.

“It’s hard to describe how you feel in those situations, but it’s not good.”

The crash occurred at the property of OSO Arabians and Murray Grey Cattle in Knox Road.

Mr Acton-Adams, who is the managing director and chief pilot of Rotor Solutions Australia, had been contracted to spray Paterson’s curse.

Insp Richard Harvey, of Albury Police, said the helicopter crashed in rugged terrainabout 12.30pm.

“We don’t know how bad the helicopter is, but the gentleman has been taken to hospital,” he said.

“We don’t think his injuries will be that serious because he walked 2.5km (to get help).”

Mr Acton-Adams was taken to Albury Base Hospital where he remained in a stable condition last night.

His father said Mr Acton-Adams was a competent pilot with more than four years of experience.

He had moved from New Zealand to Australia nine years ago and only recently established the helicopter service in Albury.

Arnaud said his son was familiar with the area where the crash occurred.

“He was very well aware of the line because he had flown over it a lot,” he said.

“Whether the light was bad ... I don’t know.”

Arnaud said Mr Acton-Adams was travelling at slow speeds when the helicopter went down.

“One thing I noticed was there was no fire or flames,” he said.

“That was my biggest concern, of course.”

Albury police are expected to report the incident to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau.

The Border Mail (http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/local/news/general/helicopter-down-at-table-top/1548538.aspx)

Trans Lift
25th Jun 2009, 06:38
F*****g wires!! :mad:

Verbier Vodka
25th Jun 2009, 06:51
Glad to hear he walked away. From personal experience, I know what he is going through.

Off topic....
Be careful Trans Lift, making statements like that can have your comment deleted by ****** moderators. Much like my comment about bean counters in a previous thread. Come to think of it, maybe the moderator was/is a bean counter and took offence.

Back on topic....

Senior Pilot
25th Jun 2009, 07:18
Verbier Vodka,

You joined PPRuNe, and your first two posts were deleted. I even commented on your second post

I cut you some slack before, since it was your first post to PPRuNe. I suggest that you go and read the Terms and Conditions that you agreed to when you registered on PPRuNe: if you can't accept them, there are plenty of other places you can try.

Senior Pilot
Rotorheads Moderator

Most other Australians here are able to understand a gentle hint :rolleyes: Since your subsequent performance has shown a total inability to abide by PPRuNe's Terms and Conditions, I think that it's high time you found somewhere else on the internet, more suited to your talent (or lack of).

Freewheel
25th Jun 2009, 10:07
SP

Not having viewed VV's other posts, given that the location refers to "UK", I must take exception to having VV lumped in with those who had the sense to depart the miserable isles.......

On topic though - I'm glad it ended reasonably well. I made a conscious decision many years ago not to do ag for this reason.

I couldn't bring myself to go there, but I have the utmost respect for those that can.

Trust me, he's an Aussie. From NSW, too!

Splot