PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Brush-up attendance compulsory?

Okavango
24th Jun 2009, 06:55
Hi. I'm currently distance learning and confident I could get through the ATPL's without need for the 2 week brush-up course (and hence have to take 2 weeks off work). I'm pretty sure this is a CAA requirement, but is attendance ABSOLUTELY compulsory with all FTO's?

Whirlygig
24th Jun 2009, 07:09
Yes.

Some schools are more flexible as to how you do it; maybe three or four courses of a week each but you still have to do it otherwise they won't sign off your exam entry forms.

Cheers

Whirls

Brian304
24th Jun 2009, 11:33
Yes 100% compulsary!!! The school has to sign you off to the CAA saying that you have sat an amount of hours in the classroom. Its a requirement by the CAA to sit the exams...

Blueskyrich
24th Jun 2009, 11:52
From memory, I believe the requirement to be in the region of 10% of the total stated course time i.e. 65hrs in the classroom.

Whilst some schools may be somewhat flexible and hazy in totalling up the hours, you'll not get away with not attending any. I was in a similar sounding situation - over the 14 exams, I probably attending the GS about 6-7 times as opposed to a more structured timetable. Best to speak to your school.

Plus, I would advise from personal experience that it's worth getting over to the school as and when you can - it can't do any harm!