PDA

View Full Version : Jet aircraft at Woodford

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
23rd Jun 2009, 12:56
Saw a private jet rocket out of Woodford (EGCD) around lunchtime today.
Was wondering what it was (looked like it might have been a white Hawker), and it's destination. Maybe a company aircraft with VIP visitors, or a military machine?

Very unusual to see anything other than Cessnas on circuits, and the occasional Nimrod or Ruslan.

There was also an unusual visual approach into MAN from a Citation which took it downwind over the Hilltop Farm area next to Woodford before a base leg and short approach into MAN. I'm used to seeing light props holding at Hilltop Farm before performing this approach into MAN, but have never seen a jet do it (although it didn't hold).
Would there be a reason for this?

Thanks.

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
23rd Jun 2009, 15:47
Edit: It seems that the answer to the second question may lie in the fact that the 2nd aircraft was G-VUEM (according to a website), which I know is based at LPL. I guess it was probably flying a short VFR sector LPL-MAN.

simonchowder
23rd Jun 2009, 16:56
Didnt realise woodford still existed, thought it had been turned into a housing estate years ago, cant have long to go surely it was dying on its feet years ago

steve platt
23rd Jun 2009, 17:11
Take a look at this www.woodfordfarewell.co.uk (http://www.woodfordfarewell.co.uk)

It will be a housing estate soon enough.:sad:

smudgethecat
23rd Jun 2009, 17:58
How sad, i can remember when my dad worked ther in the sixties around 4000 people were employed there, the place was buzzing with activity:{