PDA

View Full Version : right of return to HK

bobrun
23rd Jun 2009, 09:43
Been out of touch for a little while. What's the situation exactly with (quote from last aoa update): "the Company is currently trying to prevent a number of Officers from taking a Hong Kong passenger command. The Officers we are aware of all hold sufficient seniority for a Hong Kong passenger command, yet they are being prevented from taking such a position." ??

Are they saying commands are not going to the next most senior officer because that said officer is on a base? Where's that coming from??

Loopdeloop
23rd Jun 2009, 11:24
I think they're talking about current captains and F/Os who've completed their 2 years on a base or their freighter commitment and wish to move or return to Hkg. Apparently some of them have been told that there's no vacancy in Hkg so they have to stay on a base.

As the update says, the right to return to Hkg has always been a cornerstone of our employment. It's also fairly clearly written in the basings agreement that after 2 years an officer can voluntarily elect to return to Hkg (para 15.1) and has been common custom and practice since 1993 when basings were first introduced.

Apple Tree Yard
23rd Jun 2009, 12:39
To restrict officers from returning to HK and taking advantage of the Housing Scheme, never mind schooling, is a drastic revision (another one :confused:) to our career potential. Yet another attack on the potential of a once lucrative career. Not to mention spending years more on the freighter than expected.... :ugh:

bobrun
24th Jun 2009, 02:02
Seems like yet another abuse of the words "abnormal situation".

Also seems like a judge may have to be involved, and compensation paid to some, if unresolved. It used to be a last resort option but it's more like the only way to protect our conditions nowadays.

trevfly
24th Jun 2009, 16:24
Pkease Dun return cos you been away, things have changed and you are not invited to our little stuck up party, OK?
CX have dominated the stinky Dragon, and other airlines have declined not to party,

Its time you took SLS, and then returned to OZZ or NZ to lick your wounds.

HK is for the big boys with big Egos and small achivement. What else would you expect?

Guyswho know me will vouch for my honesty, I hope!

Gravox
25th Jun 2009, 01:54
Is CX trying to stop them coming to HKG outside of seniority, or stopping them full stop? If the DEFOs on bases are trying to come back my understanding is they have to wait until the senior SO is upgraded. At the moment SO upgrades are sitting around 3+years so isn't exactly fair if these guys come back before that and stop SOs from upgrading. Otherwise offer SOs upgrades onto bases.

badairsucker
25th Jun 2009, 02:19
Trev,

Ever thought of going away and not coming back?????

Air Profit
25th Jun 2009, 03:41
...i'd be happy if Trev just went away and improved his grammar.... :ok:

kmagyoyo
25th Jun 2009, 04:15
Gravox, in the contract its two years post line check for DEFO's before they can move to HKG, although it changed in COS08 to four years...either post joining or post line check not sure.

Fly747
25th Jun 2009, 07:19
Leave Trev alone. He's quite harmless when he comes back from the pub and livens things up around here.