PDA

View Full Version : EASA Minor Modification: time of approval

Pilot_hopefully
23rd Jun 2009, 08:32
Dear All

our organization is about to ask EASA for the approval of a minor mod on a A320.

Has anyone ever had experience of a sucha request and know how long it takes to EASA to reply to application?

Thanks
M.

bani
9th Jul 2009, 15:45
EAS do not approve any mods. you have to go to Part 21 approval holder to get this.

Bus429
10th Jul 2009, 09:51
EASA can be involved approval of major mods.

doncas
13th Jul 2009, 20:33
I apply for minor changes to our aircraft all the time. The request normally goes to EASA for inital approval. When this comes through you send your technical package to the niominated Authority (Usually your own NAA). Then depending on the technical content of the package, you could be waiting for between 4 weeks and 4 months. PM if you more info.

You can go to a PART 21 authorised company who will do the minor dhange and authorisation for you, but you're talking bigger bucks then!!!

Papa2Charlie
14th Jul 2009, 17:33
My understanding was that a Part 21 organisation was delegated by EASA to approve minor mods. I'd imagine there must be a process for clearing a single minor mod through EASA without the hassle of the organisation gaining Part 21 approval.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

bani
16th Jul 2009, 07:58
yes.
Part 21 organization has approval to approve any minor mod( based on their privileges and approval) . They talk to EASA only if they need any clarification. EASA do audit them time to time to check what they do.

mattia_70
18th Jul 2009, 13:07
REgarding minor mods, here's what Part 21 says:

21A.95 Minor changes
Minor changes in a type design shall be classified and approved either:
(a) By the Agency; or
(b) By an appropriately approved design organisation under a procedure agreed with the Agency.

I sent email to EASA and they replied saying that you apply to them (Form 32) and then they delegate the NAA to take charge of the analysis of mod. Then they receive the OK from NAA and gives the approval.

cheers
M.