PDA

View Full Version : Sir Jock Stirrup + ITV

Logistics Loader
22nd Jun 2009, 17:58
Sir Jock was interviewed tonite on ITV, however, can anyone elaborate on why he appeared to be wearing a Royal Engineers beret n badge ??

or did ITV screw up again...!!

scarecrow450
22nd Jun 2009, 19:34
He's been on TV wearing it before, is'nt he an honorary Colonel or similar ? :confused:

TEEEJ
22nd Jun 2009, 19:51
'Honorary Colonel 73 Engineer Regiment (Volunteers)'

Info from

Army Rumour Service > > Forums > > The Serious Bit > > Current Affairs, News and Analysis > > Jock Stirrup photo... (http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=66387.html)

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/131EE3D1-7A73-4D9A-B21A-6E7CA9FF6BBD/0/SirJockStirrup.jpg

TJ

hungryhorse
22nd Jun 2009, 22:44
Check top pocket please. Good to see the Mk 15 alphas making an appearance though!

Culio
22nd Jun 2009, 23:04
Today a shirt button, tomorrow a safety catch!

Cows getting bigger
23rd Jun 2009, 06:21
Clothing designed by Uniforms-R-Us. :ugh:

PS.. Wasted photo, it should be on Caption Competition.

Maxibon
23rd Jun 2009, 07:28
If he's wearing the beret as an Hon Col, then he should also be wearing the rank slides of a Col. Unless this is his unique approach to jointery.

andyy
23rd Jun 2009, 09:33
I know that he's CDS, but it must have really hurt to have worn an Army beret rather than a light blue "chip bag"!

Maxibon
23rd Jun 2009, 11:07
In order to really mix it up and recognise the RN, perhaps he could have worn an Ipod.

Gainesy
23rd Jun 2009, 11:44
Complete Muppet springs to mind.

Chugalug2
23rd Jun 2009, 18:04
cgb:
Wasted photo, it should be on Caption Competition.
Totally agree, though this could bring the wrath of Pop about my head:

"Silly Hat, Silly Hat? You ought to look in a mirror sometime, Sunshine!"

newt
23rd Jun 2009, 18:17
Hey guys what is all the fuss about??

As a certain Station Commander once said to me, "Its my trainset so I will do what I like with it!!"

Surely as CDS Sir Jock can wear what he likes!!

Ali Barber
23rd Jun 2009, 19:58
Looks like "Montgomery Syndrome". Why didn't he stick an RAF cap badge alongside?

Melchett01
23rd Jun 2009, 20:03
And there was me thinking rules and regs were for everyone regardless of rank. Well that's what we keep getting told when an outbreak of individuality or morale occurs.

I bet it was not having his wings on his CS95 that hurt more than wearing the beret ...seems to be a very senior officer thing.

As for the photo itself, well what can you say:

"I don't know if they taught you this in training son, but here's a handy tip I learnt as a Junior Officer - any more than a handfull and you're risking a sprained wrist"

jindabyne
23rd Jun 2009, 20:41
newt

Absolutely spot on mate! But in this case the train driver has made himself, most unfortunately, (and even though he's entitled to wear that beret/badge), look like a prat? And pocket undone, no wings, silly specs, chest-hairs unclipped! You would never've fessed up like that, even in that sandy place.

mr fish
23rd Jun 2009, 20:49
blimey, its RICHARD HARRIS.
the "WILD GEESE" years!!!:eek:

Flt Lt Mac
23rd Jun 2009, 22:05
silly specs

Those glasses are the standard issue glasses. Keep up.

air pig
24th Jun 2009, 04:42
To hell with the hat he's wearing, did he visit the Aeromed ops, MERT and the CCAST people and thank them for their work moving the ill and injured out of theatre back to the UK and the teams in the Field Hospitals for keeping troops alive and in the best possible condition to move.

Thanks to Lawrence McGinty and his part in showing the team and the C17 crew repatriating those injured back home to the UK.

This is part the politicans never see, or chose not to, the consequences of commiting the the Forces to war.

Rant off.

Air pig

Wensleydale
24th Jun 2009, 06:34
blimey, its RICHARD HARRIS.
the "WILD GEESE" years!!!

It looks more like Foggy Dewhirst from Last of the Summer Wine actually (although he needs a neatly trimmed moustache). Trained Killer you know!