PDA

View Full Version : Engineers not understanding manuals

Wirelock
22nd Jun 2009, 14:22
hello

As an entry requirement into Iberia it is necessary to pass a apptitude test in spanish. however it is not necessary to pass an english test.

surely this must lead to unsafe release conditions for 3rd party companies who use Iberia maintenance at outstations(in spain) as not all are unable to fully understand english manuals??

Your thoughts??

BEETOO-1
22nd Jun 2009, 14:44
Their country..their rules.
Wish we in the UK could make/force the immigrants to take an exam to speak CLEAR Engish......but then the Government love to abuse their own natural citizens....

Miles Gustaph
22nd Jun 2009, 16:47
Not quite their country their rules, I do believe that the ICAO is quite clear on the necessity of English language skills.

faz1989
22nd Jun 2009, 17:26
EASA requires all exams to be in English, no manner what country you are in. But as it is a company aptitude test they can do what they like, Spanish or English.
An EASA licence engineer should/will have at least a basic understanding of English. (or not)

HAWK21M
28th Jun 2009, 11:35
I doubt our country our rules can apply.....English is important out here to understand an aircraft related document.
regds
MEL.

woptb
28th Jun 2009, 12:41
A lot of people at TNT in LGG don't have anything approaching conversational English,so quite how they were able to pass B1/B2 exams & pass an approval board is beyond me :confused:

If I were a suspicious man I might suspect dishonesty :rolleyes: :rolleyes: