PDA

View Full Version : Scope of checks

Algy
22nd Jun 2009, 12:20
Hi all,

a colleague is looking for a source that lays out the workscope of the main checks - A to D, and/or other terminology as appropriate. Can anyone provide me with something that has that, or point me to a web source?

Tks

Algy

Sonic Bam
22nd Jun 2009, 15:09
What aircraft type is your friend looking at? C and D Checks vary by type and operator.

For large aircraft, he/she needs to look at the AMP (Aircraft Maintenance Programme) for the aircraft type he/she is interested in - each aircraft type is different and can also vary by owning company. The root document for the AMP is the MPD (Maintenance Planning Document) that is issued by the aircraft manufacturer. If your friend works for an operator then he/she should have access to the AMP at work. I doubt if there are any in the public domain but I may be wrong.

For light aircraft, your friend should go to the CAA website and search for CAP 411 - Light Aircraft Maintenance Schedule.

Miles Gustaph
22nd Jun 2009, 16:50
ATA Chapter 5 is the source document for a maintenance program, which will normally be codified in a national airworthiness authority approved maintenance program.

Blacksheep
22nd Jun 2009, 20:49
The Boeing 767 MPD as an example, runs to over fifteen hundred pages in ten sections and nine appendices. The Task Cards for accomplishing the programme are another even larger publication. You cannot access these documents on-line unless you're one of a limited number of approved users, authorised by an operator of the particular type and model. You can't get a paper or CD/DVD copy unless you're an operator of the type or a regulatory authority and even then you must sign a non-disclosure agreement. Similar rules govern access to the equivalent Airbus documents. They all contain corporate intellectual property, you understand.

If your colleague doesn't have access to these documents or the company AMP derived from them, he's not an authorised user and access is denied. He could of course, purchase or lease an aircraft, in which case a copy will be provided along with his aircraft.

Algy
23rd Jun 2009, 09:53
Thanks everyone, he's really looking for something more generic and frankly superficial, I suppose the sort of thing you might find in a textbook about MRO management. ie the broad list of tasks that you'd expect to see in a C-check or equivalent.

I suspect this is not so simple without paying for it, which I've gently explained to him.

sinkingship
23rd Jun 2009, 11:36
ATA Airlines, Inc. Workcard Selection Screen (http://www.cassfacts.com/airlines/ata/) will give an insight.

Algy
23rd Jun 2009, 11:43
Amazing. Many thanks - just the job.

Isn't Pprune terrific?