PDA

View Full Version : Garmin GPS repairs

sky_pilot
22nd Jun 2009, 10:49
Hello all,

I am trying to track down somewhere within Australia who will do repairs on Aviation based GPS systems more specifically the Garmin / Palm iQue 3600a.

I have been informed that Garmin America no longer repair this model and considering it is still work around 1k i would like to try getting it repaired before binning it.

I believe the 3600a comes pre-loaded with the aviation software as well, does anyone know if it is possible to load this onto a memory card for use in the road based iQue 3600?

Safe Flying

Sky Pilot:ok:

Chief Erwin
22nd Jun 2009, 10:58
try avionics 2000

Jabawocky
22nd Jun 2009, 11:28
Buy a G296 for around USD$1000 and life will be a lot simpler and more reliable!:ok:

tio540
23rd Jun 2009, 04:13
sky_pilot

I have been informed that Garmin America no longer repair this model and considering it is still work around 1k i would like to try getting it repaired before binning it.

Aus reps will tell you this sell you a new unit.

Forget Aus and deal with Garmin U.S.A. only. The Aus reps have trouble even updating the database usually.

The service is prompt, much cheaper and it will work longer afterwards.

They did have a deal a while back where they repaired any handheld Garmin GPS for $125 US, or replaced it with a new one for the same price.

Freight is your problem. Customs in Aus may hit you up for duty for the repaired item. Inform them it is an aviation navigation device and the duty drops from $135 to about $50 from memory.

I have had three Garmins repaired this way and two were replaced with new units. Good luck. :)

P.S. Remind them you require the Australian database as they can forget.