PDA

View Full Version : Flying..help please!

Daynekemp
19th Jun 2009, 16:10
Hi

I am sorry for this very irritating question but I am in urgent need of answers. I am 19 and want to start training to be a pilot. My problem is I am not too sure as what to do after my training. (ie. career) I am not sure if I want to become a commercial airline pilot and I have other worries such as my age once I have enough hours, etc. Could someone please advise me on career paths once trained (I have seriously considered SAR for the military but the though s a bit daunting)

Thank you and I hope to hear from everyone

Nashers
19th Jun 2009, 16:24
dont think you should start any training without doing a bit of reasurch first... there are so many jobs out there you can do. google is your friend..

Bealzebub
19th Jun 2009, 17:11
Dayne,

Whatever you are in urgent need of, it isn't answers to that question? If you do not know what career choices are open to you as a qualified commercial pilot, what is the urgency to start training to be one? Do not worry about your age either. I guarantee it will change year by year. Given the current economy and prospects for inexperienced commercial pilots, it will likely change many times before the market does.

You need to research on these forums and also more generally in order to generate the sort of questions that make more sense and can be properly answered. Whatever you may believe, you are really not in any sort of hurry.